What's new

Whats Cooking? 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
leftovers tonight. Grilled jerk chicken from last night on a cheese bagel with tollamook chedder and bacon

Attachments

• $photo (23).jpg
    $photo (23).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 249

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Despite the dry weather here in Ontario Corn is still 50¢ a cob. I like doing them in the husk on the BBQ . . . quicker and tastier than boiling in my opinion.

$Corn 005.JPG
About as much fun as 3 bucks can buy these days.

Despite the dry weather here in Ontario Corn is still 50¢ a cob. I like doing them in the husk on the BBQ . . . quicker and tastier than boiling in my opinion.

I am a big fan of grilled corn too, I sometimes do it without the husks. But I like charred food.

A recipe for grilled corn pesto macaroni salad i was making the other day called for grilled corn. I had no coals and didn't want to make the trip. I shucked the corn and rubbed em with oil and threw em under the broiler (4 or 5 inches from the heat) for about 15 minutes flipping now and then, worked out great. Cooked through and nice and charred in spots. It didn't have that smokey grilled flavor but it works in a pinch.

Last edited:
Another dinner party tonight, so it is the beef tataki from post #199, followed by Basque-style chicken, loosely based on Anthony Bourdain's poulet Basquaise, served with potatoes Daupinoise and Vichy carrots. Dessert will be Thomas Keller's lemon sabayon tart with honeyed marscapone cream. Everything is prepped and as far as possible part cooked, now just needs the finishing touches when our friends arrive in about half an hour.

The lemon tart is an old favourite for one couple coming, but the other 3 peeps have not tried it yet so it will be interesting to get a new view on it.

Chicken roasting in the oven, about to put a selection of root veggies in with it which I shall anoint with duck fat, garlic and thyme. Dinner tonight will be cold chicken with salad.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Looks great, may I ask what makes it impossible?

It is a quiche without a crust. Instead of making a crust a half cup of Bisquick is mixed in with the eggs and milk. It is truly surprising how well this turns out. When I make it I make two as it is an easy to reheat quick breakfast for during the week. Great way to use leftover veg.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Rainy Holiday weekend in Indianapolis...Mike & Melissa do the sensible thing....Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Attachments

• $chcochip.jpg
    $chcochip.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 94
We had pot roast for dinner tonight, the star of the meal was the potatoes. I cut Yukon Gold potatoes in half and simmered them until they were almost completely cooked. I finished them in the over with bacon fat, olive oil, salt and pepper. When the bottom of the potatoes were crispy I took them out of the oven and microplaned a little bit of Parmigiano Reggiano on them. They were absolutely delicious.

$376710_464545723577569_1146652965_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom