What's new

Whats Cooking? 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple Dinner tonight :)

a middle eastern vegetarian dish , usually eaten during breakfast time called "Foul Medames" (stewed fava beans) . Served with whole wheat pita and drizzled with olive oil.

A delicious, nutritious treat!

proxy.php

$419247_314152001974358_100001386835472_890040_1934369326_n.jpg

Pan seared scallops with a white wine scampi jalapeño butter reduction sauce, with fresh steamed rainbow Swiss Chard and Kale chips. Chock full of Lenten goodness.

I should have taken pics but was too hungry to take the time to snap a few. I just had and awesome meal which consisted of pan-seared venison tenderloin in a red wine sauce, horseradish and chive mashed potatoes and green beans. I washed it down with a nice glass of cabernet sauvignon.

The recipe for the horseradish and chive mashed potatoes was courtesy of Sterling Cooper. Thank Sterling it was great.

Apologies for the late response, Jayz. I just saw this now. You're most welcome. Glad they were enjoyable.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
SWMBO loves me :001_wub:

Pasta with chorizo and rapini, topped with asiago
(a little bit of garlic, tomato and mushrooms thrown in as well)
proxy.php

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I think we Canucks are on the same wavelength tonight. Comfort Food!

For me beef stew with buttered toast. Toast not shown.
$Comfort food 001.JPG

looks great Alacrity... and yes it seems ive carried the trend as well.. didnt manage to grab a shot though :p

was my famous 7 pepper chilli .. mmm mmm made totally from scratch including the chilli powder which i ground up myself from whole dried chillis! I will reveal that Ancho and Chipotle were involved!

bon apetit gents

Last night was broiled pork chops with a garlic and rosemary butter along with red potatoes with the same butter and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Wish I could have gotten some pics but we were both too hungry to take some shots. I'll post some up next time.

Century's pie looks amazing.

Care to share the recipe?

Umm, let me see if I can give you the colesnotes here...

S&P and dust with flour, then brown approx. 3 pounds short ribs (I like flanken cut, about 1 1/2" thick, then I butcher off the bones)
Set aside.
Add carrots, onion and garlic to fat, brown slightly. Add bay and thyme.
Add beef back, toss in some frozen pearl onions. Add can of ale (tall). Add stock to cover.
Cook until tender, I take lid off about 2/3 through to reduce liquid.

Spoon out beef and veg into pie dish. Strain, seperate fat, reduce and thicken liquid, add to beef.

Add pie dough on top, brush with egg wash, bake.

I used Marco Pierre White's short crust recipe from the "Great British Feast" book, but Im sure any short crust recipe will work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom