What's new

Whats Cooking? 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Made some French onion soup with Gruyere cheese and then some pan seared sea scallops atop a bed of baby spinach sautéed with onion and garlic and sprinkled wih some bacon bits. The sea scallops were seared in the bacon drippings.

All washed down with an ice cold Smithwicks.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Funny conincidence, I made a good batch of French onion soup that my wife and I are working through. Smit-icks, as it is pronounced, is a great beer.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Funny conincidence, I made a good batch of French onion soup that my wife and I are working through. Smit-icks, as it is pronounced, is a great beer.

I used a pretty basic recipe that I had found that made four servings and by all accounts it turned out to be pretty good.
I must admit though, I didn't enjoy cleaning those French onion soup bowls. :rolleyes:

Made some French onion soup with Gruyere cheese and then some pan seared sea scallops atop a bed of baby spinach sautéed with onion and garlic and sprinkled wih some bacon bits. The sea scallops were seared in the bacon drippings.

All washed down with an ice cold Smithwicks.

Sounds great, I love me some French Onion soup

I made a marinated roast pork loin the other day. Marinated over night in soy sauce, lemon juice, molasses and ginger. Came out great.

Sounds great, I love me some French Onion soup

I made a marinated roast pork loin the other day. Marinated over night in soy sauce, lemon juice, molasses and ginger. Came out great.

That's a perfect pork marinade!

I tested a peach cobbler recipe and it turned out pretty darn good.

proxy.php

When I went to do a taste test, something strange happened and this vanilla bean ice cream ended up on top of it. I hate it when that happens.

proxy.php

Wow Century that looks great! Tonight is spaghetti night. It is almost the only real food that my three-year-old will eat.

Nice Whole Grain Wheat Thin Spaghetti
Ground Chuck
Prego
Flax Toast with roasted garlic

One of the best parts of retirement is that you can sleep until you are done! I drug out just before 9 AM and was hungry.

I started with some home made Canadian Bacon

proxy.php

I put the CB on toast and then topped it with eggs, scrambled slowly in butter. Cooking them slowly with constant stirring makes a small curd that is really creamy and I love it!

proxy.php

I added coffee and then finished with another slice of toast with a fig/honey ham.

Last Saturday, I made three dough balls for pizza and ended up only using two of them. I just left the other ball in the refrigerator and finally pulled it out and made a small focaccia today.

proxy.php

I had some leftover sauce and meatballs, so I cooked some fresh pasta and ended up with a PDG meal.

proxy.php

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
It's Father/Daughter Baking Day (while watching the Jets game :wink:)

Ok. After going to back-to-school night last week, my daughter wanted to show me what she is learning. So she put a list together of things she needed to make her Pumpkin Spice Muffins. I gotta tell ya. They are (as Jim says) PDG. :thumbup1:

And just to let her know that real men can bake, I churned out some buttermilk biscuits..

What's better than a buttermilk biscuit drizzled with some honey and butter?

And then I continued my weekend-long experimentation with my new 10.25" Le Creuset cast iron frying pan. Last night, I seared some NY strip steaks on the stovetop and then put the pan in the oven and cooked them at 350 degrees. (Sorry, no pics.)

Today, Cast Iron Skillet Corn Bread...

Is there any thing that damn pan can't do?

All in all, lots of baking fun. :thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks great Bob. If you need help eating any of that I do take baked good donations. :biggrin1:

Last night I made some sword fish steaks marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Some rice and sauteed vegetables on the side. I keep forgetting to take pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom