What's new

Whats Cooking? 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I cheat on the demiglace. I use one that is already made, expensive, but takes alot of work out for you. This one is pretty good, very little salt, and alot of restaurants use it as well:

Ive heard of that, might have to check it out.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
*Also posted in the "I Love Hot Dogs" thread.

Not exotic or a culinary masterpiece, but hey, ya gotta eat.

I don't know what brand they are but I get these at my local butcher...
[/URL]

I give each one three scores and an "x" cut on each end...

[/URL]

I give them some direct heat to get them going...
[/URL]

Then, I place them on the top shelf and let the indirect heat really open them up...
[/URL]

These dogs are really opening up now...
[/URL]

I place them in a Martin's potato roll. The one on the left gets a slice of Claussen pickle, some sweet relish and French's yellow mustard. The one on the right gets some Sabrett's red onion sauce and some French's yellow.

[/URL]

All washed down with a icy cold Yuengling. Oh yeah! :yesnod:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bratwurst whilst Crabbing, or "Sea Brats"!

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
*Also posted in the "I Love Hot Dogs" thread.

Not exotic or a culinary masterpiece, but hey, ya gotta eat.

I don't know what brand they are but I get these at my local butcher...
[/URL]

I give each one three scores and an "x" cut on each end...

[/URL]

I give them some direct heat to get them going...
[/URL]

Then, I place them on the top shelf and let the indirect heat really open them up...
[/URL]

These dogs are really opening up now...
[/URL]

I place them in a Martin's potato roll. The one on the left gets a slice of Claussen pickle, some sweet relish and French's yellow mustard. The one on the right gets some Sabrett's red onion sauce and some French's yellow.

[/URL]

All washed down with a icy cold Yuengling. Oh yeah! :yesnod:

Needs some sauerkraut from Acme Farms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Phil. Creme brulee is a favorite of mine. I'd have to say the best one I ever had was at Silver Legacy in Reno, Nevada some years ago as it also came with a lattice domed sugar glaze. Paired with a port this was an outstanding night out.

^^^^ Creme brulee has to be my favourite dessert ever. The best one I have had was probably in a small "2 chimney" Logis de France somewhere in the Nord Pas de Calais area, but I cannot remember which one. It was a small town / large village with two of these places and we hadn't booked anything except the ferry crossings and just drove around for a long weekend stopping when the mood took me as driver. The creme brulee was in a huge flat bowl and was just a classic one with vanilla but so, so good. And as cheap as chips.

I must dig out my LdF guidebook....

Just a steak and salad tonight - I used to only eat fillet steak but then realised that rib-eye has so much more flavour, plus of course it's cheaper(!) Tonight was the usual Aussie grass fed air flown, special offer in the supermarket, about 250g. Taken out of the fridge a good hour before I cooked it in my trusty cast iron griddle. After it was done I tented it in foil for five mins while I deglazed the pan with a splash of beer that I had been drinking while I was cooking, then added more butter, S&P, and reduced it a bit. Plated the steak, added back the juices that had seeped out and poured on top.

Enjoyed it with a glass or two of a NZ Pinot Noir that was also on special offer - it's OK but not as good as a Central Otago PN. But then it's a third of the price...

With the beer method, it leaves more wine to drink! If I was somewhere where wine is more sensibly priced, I probably would have done so in fairness.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Anybody else do cedar planked salmon? I love this on a Sunday, rubbed with Potlatch rub from Williams Sonoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom