Status
Not open for further replies.
roast beef po boy's.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 160
Finished my prep, a bit Asian tonight.

Stir fried beef and mushrooms - got the strips of fillet steak marinading in a mix of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, garlic, lots of black pepper, a little vegetable oil and some sesame oil. when the time comes I will fry off the beef in sesame oil, set aside, then stir fry the mushrooms and garlic, add back the beef plus any juices of course, and a wok sauce of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, more black pepper and a little cornflour. Cook through and done.

Veges are an Indonesian dish called Orak Arik, which literally means scrambled I believe. You can use any vegetable for this, green beens, cabbage, carrots, beansprouts etc., but they just have to be shredded or julienned. I have beansprouts and carrots, with sliced onion, garlic, ginger and chilli - these are also obligatory. Stir fry the veges in a neutral oil, add a decent amount of white pepper and salt, then a beaten egg. Make sure the egg is cooked through and serve.

Got the rice cooker on ready and a bottle of wine in the fridge. And a can of chef's helper helping me tipe. It may be affecting my speling agen.

Thanks xray. It's a great, simple sauce though probably not technically a beurre rouge since there's some stock incorporated and just enough butter (about 1 tbsp) to give it a little texture and sheen. I found the recipe for this in an old Paul Bocuse cookbook.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Simple but great creation:

Grilled kielbasa, sliced and sauteed with Reverend Jim's home made sauerkraut. Amazing!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Early SUNDAY morning breakfast served in the bath of all places for my Ultra Feminine Stature soon to be Bride.... Wedding date is May 11th.

One egg over easy .... English Muffin with dab of butter and Blueberry Preserves.... Oatmeal with dried fruit, brown sugar, fresh raspberries and milk, hot tea with honey.... Note her Penhaligon's Lily and Spice and Floris perfumes in the background.... this LADY has so much style! Loved bringing her breakfast as she prepares for a beautiful Sunday together with me.

Attachments

• $breakfastformyufslady.jpg
    $breakfastformyufslady.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 126
2 part veg oil
1 part white whine vinegar
celery seed
pepper
salt
dried mustard powder
Sugar to taste ( add this last and sneak up on it)

Wiz it up and drench. EZPZ

You may have read in this thread that I was quite interested in the progress Tom was making on the Sausage making front. We finally got together and spent a very pleasant day cutting, grinding, mixing and stuffing.

Here was dinner last night-Salt, pepper, parsley and cheese.

Thanks Tom, it was worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom