What's new

Schickuary 2012

Tonight I will kick off the New Year & Schickuary 2012 shaving with my L3, I'll post sometime after 9PM PST after watching the Ball drop on the East Coast.

Just finished my inaugural 2012 Injector Shave using my L3 Schick Grip Tennis Racquet Handle. My Bowl Lather was made with O Melhor Shave Cream, Building it with my Shavemac Silver-Tip @50/21, I like my lather wetter with a yogurt type texture, this gives me a bit more slickness and glide. I completed a two- pass; WTG, XTG and finished with a touch-up under the chin and both sides of my neck, really close and this puts my next shave to Monday Evening, the night before returning to work. This worked out nicely as I like a one day shaving break each week, this gives my face a little recovery time which is really needed when using my Injectors. I finished the Shave with a Cold Water & Alum Rub, cleaned my sink, bowl & brush then rinsed off the Alum and applied some English Leather AS.

This was my first shave using the L model Injector which had a Personna Shaper Blade loaded, very sharp & smooth. The shave was quite similar to the J model with a bit more aggressiveness XTG which may be from the switch in blades, from the Chinese Schick to the above mentioned Personna. I will test the longevity by how many comfortable shaves I accomplish, strictly a subjective criteria therefore, YMMV.

Happy New Year to all my Fellow B&Ber's and your loved ones.

January 1st, 2011

-Schick Type M Ajustable Injector (set at 4) w/ Schick blade
-Omega 22mm boar brush
-C.O. Bigelow SC
-Aqua Velva Ice Sport (smells just like Davidoff Cool Water)
-Davidoff Cool Water Colgne

Great quality shave!! I have not used an Injector in quite a few months, and had forgotten just how wonderful they are!!

Just finished my inaugural 2012 Injector Shave using my L3 Schick Grip Tennis Racquet Handle . . .switch in blades, from the Chinese Schick to the above mentioned Personna.

Happy New Year, and thank you for continuing this thread after a brief intermission last fall. I am meeting Schickuary with only a mild headache and slightly blurred vision- I will schoon be schaving and I am going to try a Krona for the first time. I think this is a good start for me today--- given my weakened state. It is good to hear from you again-- hung with you through about a dozen shaves on same Chinese blade and concluded ten was about right-- I am curious about the Personna blade and will order some of those today. I have seen those tennis racquet handles and they look like they would make for an aggressive shave on an already agressive head so I am curious about that too as we get into Schickuary. I will ck in again later on my Krona results-- loading it with a Feather which in the last month has become the "onlyest" blade for me----it will hopefully pair nicely with a razor that I have been told is pretty mild . . . just what I need this morning. I apologize in advance to everyone in this thread for not reading much past Tom's kick-off post this morning and hope my reply still has some relevance-- I will catch up when I wake up.

1-1-12

Schick I2 Hydro-magic
Vintage Schick Plus Platinum blade
Vintage Williams (Glastonbury) soap
Vintage Ever-Ready 300 brush
Vintage Old Spice cologne

What can I say, other than another perfect injector shave.

Last edited:
Used my gifted G on Friday night. It was my first injector shave.

Face lathered MWF with my shavemac, and went at it. The results were suprising.

Great shave, very close with one pass. Usually takes me two with and SE and three with a DE. I did get a little irritation but that was my fault, because I went for a full second pass when there was really nothing to remove. I should have listened to the audio feedback (or lack thereof on that pass).

The great benefit for me is that it has the feel and footprint of a cart razor...which is great for me because of the ease of movement. I have a lot of angles in my neck, and this razor solves the problem of getting those areas without irritating others.

I'm looking forward to the next shave!

darn! Forgot about Schickuary. I'll have to start tomorrow. I only have my grandfather's Krona, so I'll be using that all month.

I had a great BBS shave last night from one of my SE's, so no shaving today. But here is my arsenal for Schickuary 2012. I'm thinking I'm going to start tomorrow with my E-type. I've been stuck on the Schick Dial lately and haven't given any of the others any attention. Oh yeah, I forgot about my Krona when I took the picture. I have yet to shave with it.

Attachments

• $IMG_8995.jpg
    $IMG_8995.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 469
Kicked off Schickuary with my PIF Injector!

Having never used one before, I didn't want to take any chances, so I went for a pretty easy slick shave: C.O. Bigelow lathered up in my New Forest Badger. I was truly surprised at how easy it was to get a good shave. Didn't go for BBS because I wanted to take another couple of cracks at it for technique practice first, but two passes was enough to give me a very smooth neck. I found it to be aggressive in a good way - no trouble getting at all of the weird spots on the neck, but I didn't feel like I was in constant danger of nicking myself either. Looking forward to continuing through this Schickuary.

-mike

January 1, 2012

Surrey Banded boar
CO Bigelow Cream
Schick L1
Schick blade
Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB

I had a very smooth DFS to start off the New Year. A very Happy New Year to you all, gents and a very smooth Schickuary.

While we're talking about Schicks, if I were to attempt to add a razor so that I could have a bit of variety this month what would y'all recommend? It'd have to be something fairly common so I could snap one up on the 'Bay.

UPDATE: RAD kicked in and I picked one up. http://www.ebay.com/itm/220924244057 Figured $6 was worth a gamble.

Last edited:
While we're talking about Schicks, if I were to attempt to add a razor so that I could have a bit of variety this month what would y'all recommend? It'd have to be something fairly common so I could snap one up on the 'Bay.

UPDATE: RAD kicked in and I picked one up. http://www.ebay.com/itm/220924244057 Figured $6 was worth a gamble.

Looks like you got a good one! Nothing a toothbrush and some scrubbing bubbles won't cure.
Now you need injector blades and those are not always so easy to buy other than online. If you have that problem, look around online to find the free shipping- the lowest price that I have seen is about five bucks for the Schick pack of seven but you could pay as much as seven bucks. They give ten shaves each easy.

Thanks. Just so happens there are a bunch for sale in the B/S/T. I'm looking forward to this month.

BTW, are these Personna's version of the Schick blade?

Last edited:
Thanks. Just so happens there are a bunch for sale in the B/S/T. I'm looking forward to this month.

BTW, are these Personna's version of the Schick blade?

I can't find the make of those blades anywhere on that site but they would be either Personna or Schick, more than likely Made in China as well. They should be just fine I found this in "About Us"; "... the founders focused on selling to individual barber and beauty supply stores." 240 Blades for $37.00 is a great deal, at 10 shaves per Blade that's .0154166 cents a shave, hopefully the Cartridge Tab is Metal, not Plastic.

Last edited:
Tonight's shave for Schickuary:
-Hydro-Magic injector ('58)
-Schick blade (Chinese)
-Arko stick
-Master Bay Rum aftershave

Started today:

J1
Chinese Schick blade
Vergulde Hand stick pre shave lather
Erasmic puck and cream
Herban Cowboy Boar
Agua Lavanda Puig (splash)
Vitos Dopobarba
Vitos After Shaving

I can't find the make of those blades anywhere on that site but they would be either Personna or Schick, more than likely Made in China as well. They should be just fine I found this in "About Us"; "... the founders focused on selling to individual barber and beauty supply stores." 240 Blades for $37.00 is a great deal, at 10 shaves per Blade that's .0154166 cents a shave, hopefully the Cartridge Tab is Metal, not Plastic.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They're a Personna blade, for sure. I meant would they fit the Schick injector razors or for were they for some other application. The bulk injector blades immediately below the cased ones threw me.

Top Bottom