What's new

Razor blade storage

I am thinking about buying a bulk order of blades. I worked it out and they will last me a little over 4 years.
Will they last that long or will they start to rust in the packageing. It does get really humid where I live.

Stainless blades shouldn't rust, especially if they are chrome or platinum plated. Keep them in a dry place like a sweater drawer.

Will they last that long or will they start to rust in the packaging? It does get really humid where I live.

If they're not carbon steel ("blue") blades, they should be okay. As for storage, just bag 'em in a ziploc or two and store 'em in an airtight container -- like a Rubbermaid tub or an ammo can. If you're really picky about humidity, you can get these nifty reusable (microwavable) silica gel packs online (suitable for camera equipment/telescopes/gun safes) that you can pack alongside them.
Hope it helps,
-- Chet

I think if you don't open them or keep them in a shed in a swamp they will be fine, razor blades like guitars are usually happy in living conditions capable of supporting human life, just avoid extreme's of temperature and humidity .... if that's not enough peace of mind, there is a food saving device which goes by the name of the Viddle Vault, Viddle's, which I believe is an American reference to food, although the only person I have ever heard use that phrase is Granny Clampett from the 1960's sitcom The Beverly Hillbillies .... good luck

I put a couple of "active" tucks of blades in a Fisherman's Friend Cough Drops tin kept in a bathroom drawer. The rest of the blade stash goes in a couple of fountain pen boxes in another room.

Top Bottom