What's new

Newbie with Lime Skin Food NEED HELP!

Hello gents, I recently purchased Geo F. Trumper's Limes skin food from amazon after reading such great reviews. After my shave I rinse my face with cold water, pat dry my face and then apply the skin food as an aftershave. Let me stop to say this stuff smells amazing and it feels great at first, but after about 3 minutes it starts to dry out my face. I also bought some Proraso pre and post shave, but have yet to use it. Is it possible to use both the skin food and the Proraso pro shave cream together, if so in which order. If anyone has any advice, input, or if anyone had the same problem with the skin food I would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks and happy new years!

I'm pretty sure you can use both with no problem. Im no pro yet but I would save use the trumpers first. Your skin may be allergic to it also.

I'm pretty sure you can use both with no problem. Im no pro yet but I would save use the trumpers first. Your skin may be allergic to it also.

I don't believe I am allergic to the skin food, because I do not develop irritation or rash. My skin just becomes tight and dry? Am I suppose to apply the skin food with my face slightly wet? OR am I suppose to apply it to my face dry?

I apply my skin food with a face that has been patted dry. But I've never felt any kind of drying out with it.. I do follow up with a moisturizer so maybe I just don't notice...

You may be applying too much of the skin food. A few drops gently massaged onto your face is all you need. When I used it I apply WH first followed by the skin food.

Top Bottom