What's new

What is your favorite soap & cream combo ??

I'm going to be putting in an order tomorrow for a few Mama Bear soaps to mix with my creams and was hoping to hear some suggestions of what other guys are mixing up. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Orange Orange to mix with my AOS Lemon & T&H Lime, but wasn't sure what would be a good mix for my AOS Lavender & CF Lavender ? Finally, I have a few cologne type creams: Mr. Taylors, Grafton, AOS Sandlewood and wasn't sure what might go good with those, if nothing else, I was probably going to just mix the unscented glyserine with those.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I never do mix soaps and creams, I like to use shaving products as they are. My opinion is that a quality soap or cream, when properly lathered up, already gives by itself its full potential for a comfortable shave.

I'm with Marco. However, if I still had my TOBS lavender puck, I would consider combining it with my KMF lavender (which hasn't been used in a long time...) for a superlather.

I'm going to be putting in an order tomorrow for a few Mama Bear soaps to mix with my creams and was hoping to hear some suggestions of what other guys are mixing up. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Orange Orange to mix with my AOS Lemon & T&H Lime, but wasn't sure what would be a good mix for my AOS Lavender & CF Lavender ? Finally, I have a few cologne type creams: Mr. Taylors, Grafton, AOS Sandlewood and wasn't sure what might go good with those, if nothing else, I was probably going to just mix the unscented glyserine with those.

I like to mix both to give me more shaving combinations, not because I feel they are missing something. Although I do prefer the combo lather, I just get tired of the same old same old

I have superlathered highly scented creams with the very neutral smelling Mitchell's Wool Fat to great effect.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I never do mix soaps and creams, I like to use shaving products as they are. My opinion is that a quality soap or cream, when properly lathered up, already gives by itself its full potential for a comfortable shave.

I'm with you on this... in an ideal world. I currently have nothing that needs help, but occasionally I have gotten something that was sub par that I didn't want to throw out and then super lather sometimes saved the day.

My best super lather combo has been Arko shave cream and what ever soap that wasn't working out for me. I hate to ruin an expensive shave cream in a super lather. Same for soap, I would hate to use one of my favorite soaps with a cream that isn't working out quite right, so Williams or VDH is what I have used for the reverse combination.

I have superlathered highly scented creams with the very neutral smelling Mitchell's Wool Fat to great effect.

While I agree with Marco also, I have been known to ad in a dab of Kiss My Face Lavender with MWF.

Just for the record, I have no problem lathering MWF on its own. I was in the middle of a 4 month run with it and did some superlathers for variety's sake. It adds a really excellent moisturizing dimension to the lathers of the creams I tried (Penhaligon's, ToBS, Shulton Old Spice). I have seen Ouch post that the combination of MWF and Musgo Real is mind blowing.

Top Bottom