What's new

2012 Nib Sabbatical

Just made my final FP purchase (unless I find a Parker 21 or 51 in the wild for a song) and am going on a purchasing sabbatical for 2012. I've got a clear Ahab on the way from Goulet's for me and a platinum converter for my son's Preppy. I should be good with ink with bottles of Sheaffer's #24 Skrip Blue Black, Diamine Yellow, and Noodler's 5 O'Clock Shadow and BBB. I picked up a bottle of Dr. Martins Bombay Pen Cleaner while in the big city (it doesn't appear to be any better than straight ammonia at dissolving the dried pen flakes in my Parker 21). I'll have my Ahab and my Pelikano Jr and some stationary from the dollar store. I have enjoyed this new AD but now it is time to concentrate on improving my penmanship.

I wish I could join you in this, but I'm already thinking about Jim's cryptic remarks about how the new B&B ink would work well in a certain pen...

Having just pulled the trigger on a TWSBI ROC 100, yes, I think a 2012 sabbatical on pens would be a good idea. At $60 shipped, that will be my most expensive FP, and I already have several that write wonderfully for much less than that. And yes, I do know how much more they can cost, could afford to buy something pricier, but am just not interested at the moment. That's current production pens; vintage pens haven't caught my imagination like vintage razors. I do have some discontinued models, NOS when I got them, but doubt if they're old enough to be considered vintage

Sorry, not tempted at all by the B&B special inks. I've got enough Noodlers that another shade of blue doesn't tempt me at all, and gray even less so. Might buy some more inks if I use up a favorite kind, but that may not happen.

So yes, except for necessary ink purchases, I'm in. I love writing with my fountain pens, but the selection is quite large enough now.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Just too many inexpensive inks that are out there to say no to buying. I wish you luck on your attempt..haha

Count me out as well. I need two more colors to finish out my Esterbrook SJ collection. Oh, and a vintage Pelikan is definitely on the horizon. And I think I was going to try and get an Edison next birthday. At least my razor AD has calmed down to a complete crawl!!!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Just made my final FP purchase (unless I find a Parker 21 or 51 in the wild for a song) and am going on a purchasing sabbatical for 2012. I've got a clear Ahab on the way from Goulet's for me and a platinum converter for my son's Preppy. I should be good with ink with bottles of Sheaffer's #24 Skrip Blue Black, Diamine Yellow, and Noodler's 5 O'Clock Shadow and BBB. I picked up a bottle of Dr. Martins Bombay Pen Cleaner while in the big city (it doesn't appear to be any better than straight ammonia at dissolving the dried pen flakes in my Parker 21). I'll have my Ahab and my Pelikano Jr and some stationary from the dollar store. I have enjoyed this new AD but now it is time to concentrate on improving my penmanship.

I understand where you are coming from. I've done a remarkable job on using up some soaps and aftershaves . . . Now I'm trying to be a bit more picky.

I don't think so. I'm just getting some traction here. Turns out, there are more pens out in the wild then there are razors. It's like discovering catfish is food.

-jim

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Best to do it one month at a time. I"m in for January.

I am not an enabler, I am an Acquisition Consultant :001_smile

I asked for some consultation services, and you told me to buy a pink brush, a pink pen, a pink ink and a Japanese knife with lace doilies ... sheesh! :crying:

Top Bottom