What's new

Questions on Razorock shaving soaps

Received my first razorock shaving soap, was looking for advice. First, the soap is square – do you guys remove the soap from the jar? At first glance it seems like the bottom of the soap will get scummy from water getting down the sides.

Second – are you guys leaving the lid on in between uses – or letting it dry out? My experience with the proraso jar is that it is better to let dry out, but looking for thoughts on what works.

I don't remove the soap from the jar but instead, use my fingers to press it down (it's very soft) so that it contacts the sides, eliminating the gaps caused by the square shape that it comes with. I also keep the lid on between uses as this works fine for me.

Press the soap all the way down with your fingers to eliminate gaps.

use the soap. Leave the cap off until it dries.

put the cap back onto the container.

that's it.

Mash it down. As for leaving the lid on/off after usage...I screw it back on...haven't noticed an issue from doing so.

do you guys remove the soap from the jar?
Second – are you guys leaving the lid on in between uses – or letting it dry out?

Personal preference for sure. I left it as a square but the soap could be easily mashed down to fit the bowl. And as far as I'm concerned, I put the lid on.

C'mon Joe, you know as well as I do that the white plastic container is plenty special on it's own.
Kidding aside, I actually like the size and have not moved my soaps from these containers.

+1 :001_smile

It's left square because some people like to transfer it to their own special jar/container... gives the option.

Top Bottom