What's new

How to hold for XTG, ATG? - Continued....

I'm on shave #2 with a straight. So far I’m really liking the power!!, the closeness and the overall general feel of using a straight razor. I can definitely see myself getting used to the straight, once I master my technique.

There is another active post here for XTG on the face that CB91710 (Rick) answered very well, but my question is how do I apply this to the neck area. Personally the hair at the tip of my neck grows outwards so my standard DE shave includes an XTG pass (nose towards the ear) outward in the neck area. This pass is the only area left where I’m having major difficulties (I think) and have resorted to using my DE for clean up there. Does anyone shave the same way and have a grip they can advise me on? I've been looking for videos online but haven’t found anyone shaving that area XTG yet...

BTW guys, I’de also like to thank everyone here for posting as I NEVER would have thought to try a straight razor before. Now that I’ve actually tried and like I realize that I wouldn’t have ventured into this without reading all the great post on B&B. I really love this community and the members here so thanks for posting and please continue to do so!!

Top Bottom