What's new

Sweat Burn?

When I used a Mach 3 my face would feel like someone worked me over with some sandpaper, so I shaved as little as [possible :)

Anyway, since I started using the DE razor, I;ve been shaving at least once a day, sometimes twice. Face feels GOOD, no problems to speak of....

EXCEPT...

when I sweat my face burns. Not all over but several big spots. I;m assuming it's like a minor razor burn??? My face feels FINE if I;m not sweating but once I start to sweat I get a burning feeling.

This may have happened before but my face was in pain anyway so I may have not noticed.

Can I do anything to help this or is it something that goes away after a while of shaving with a DE? I sweat all day at work, this sucks :crying: LMAO.

Anyway, any help?

The burn you are feeling is from salt in your sweat.
Kinda like putting salt on very small wounds you can't see.
Are you using aftershave or balm for your skin?
Some times when I feel a strong burn from shaving I use witch hazel to soothe it.

I just splash some Aqua Velva on after I shave.

Seems strange that the sweat would burn but the Velva barely does...

Would a differnt type of aftershave lotion/balm/whatever help? Or is it a technique issue?

Sean, you are experiencing minor razor burn. It leads me to believe you are applying too much pressure to the razor. Lighten up on the pressure and you should be fine.

Sean, you are experiencing minor razor burn. It leads me to believe you are applying too much pressure to the razor. Lighten up on the pressure and you should be fine.

+1

I too spend a goodly amount of time working outside. I have experienced this same phenomenon. I usually apply sunblock before heading out to work and have found that when I do (on the occasions that I've been over zealous with the razor), the sunblock burns pretty good but the sweat then does not.

Just slap some Pinaud Bay Rum after your shaves! That sweat will feel like some cooling Proraso after The Burning of Hell!

+2

I used to experience the same thing. It went away over time and hasn't happened to me in many years.

If it's recentlly after a shave, sweating definitely burns. I usually shave at night and if I jog afterwards I feel like my face is on fire. But in my experience after a couple hours sweating has no effect at all.

Same experience, I will go jogging at night(I work nights) and can feel the burn. It is usually a reflection of how good or bad a job I did shaving. I have noticed that recently the burn is becoming less and less. Try less pressure on the razor and short strokes with more passes. Before my current assignment I never shaved till after PT, if I really needed to shave bad I would do a light electric shave on the way to formation, then shave with a razor when I got home. For those who don't know you have to be clean shaven while in uniform in the Army. You are only allowed a moustache and it has limitations. You can also grow some sideburns, not too long though and no flares. Maybe try a different AS, I like the proraso ASB, seems to be working really well IMHO.

Avoid shaving so frequently (twice a day). That completely kills my skin when I do. Many of us here shave 5-6 times a week - not 7.

Top Bottom