What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street or Lemon lime?

Which scent of Taylor of Old Bond Street?

• Jermyn Street

• Lemon Lime

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am wanting to get another shaving cream to switch up scents a little bit and I am having a hard time deciding between the Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street or the Taylor of Old Bond Street Lemon lime? I've been wanting something citrusy for some time now, but have read many positive reviews on the Jermyn street scent praising how wonderfully it smells. So it just makes the choice even harder.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Lemon Lime, but I know you won't be disappointed with Jermyn Street. Apparently it's also available as a soap so I'll be buying it again.

D

Deleted member 48987

I'd go with the Jermyn Street. Compared to lime scents from other brands, TOBS is usually not as well liked. Most people seem to enjoy Jermyn Street.

I haven't tried the Lemon Lime, but I know you won't be disappointed with Jermyn Street. Apparently it's also available as a soap so I'll be buying it again.

I have tried both. Much prefer Jermyn Street to Lemon and Lime, not just for scent but also performance. I have tried several TOBS creams, and although lemon and lime is decent enough, I rank it last out of all the TOBS I gave tried. I find it slightly drying on my face and the scent isn't as sharp as the other TOBS brands.

I have the Jermyn St pre-shave gel, shave cream, soap, and aftershave. They smell and perform amazingly.

I have searched (for a long time) for a scent that I could stick with. I also wanted to find something that could be layered. I happen to stumble upon and sample some TOBS Jermyn Street last week. I have now bought the bath soap, bath gel, shave cream, shave soap, aftershave balm and aftershave lotion.
All have a great scent and both aftershave scents last a long time.

For me, Jermyn St. But why not get a sample of each and then purchase a bigger quantity? Everyone's sniffer is different. I believe shoebox shaving shop offers tobs samples (could be wrong vendor, this was a while ago) I got great service from him too

I've tried Jermyn Street only, but something in it irritated my skin. I haven't looked at the ingredients list, but I am probably allergic for something in there.

I'm a big fan of citrusy lime scented product. I found TOBS version to be very underwhelming and swiftly moved on to GFT, which is absolutely great.

It is irresponsible of all of us, as B&B'ers, not to say "get both!"
That's just the way it is round here. That's the only acceptable answer ;-)

Always, but in your case in particular... you've been wanting a citrus and won't get it out of your mind till you get the Lemon Lime. But the Jermyn St. is correct.

So you need both.

Tried both, Jermyn Street is an amazing and unique scent, it's absolutely intoxicating. Unfortunately, I did not like the lemon&lime scent at all. It was very strong, and I think it burned my face a little.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Anyway... I really wanted to like the Lemon & Lime, but I didn't. It was lovely out of the tub but once lathered with warm water it just smelt artificial. Jermyn Street was nice though - I really can't describe how it smells, other than clean and pleasant.

Probably 2 years too late for the OP, but anyone else looking for a citrussy cream, I highly recommend TOBS Grapefruit.

Top Bottom