What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

Who's in?

Same rules as last year, I'm in need of replenishing my normal gear, I am running low on stuff. I will order 2 bottles of Osage rub, 5 packs feathers, 2 tubs proraso, 2 sticks arko........that should last me a full year. I am not putting ANYTHING on a "wish list" or if this or that is available either.

NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

Whos in with me, feel free to order and restock your normal stuff that will last u an entire year, and that's it, no more!

WHOS GAME?????

Last edited by a moderator:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm there!
Have ~ 3 years worth of soaps'n'creams, the same for blades and about 600ml of AS already.
Plus... don't want to get killed by SWMBO.
Let's hope I stay in this year longer than the 2011 Sabbatical.

My wife has always been slightly amused with my little hobby, so thankfully I don't have to worry about getting killed, but after just over a year I've accumulated enough shaving accoutrements to last until Armageddon. I've throttled it back the last few months (diverting most of those funds to fountain pens and pipes I'm afraid - thanks a lot, guys), so I think if I can just keep myself from clicking on the BST forum I'll probably be okay.

i'm trying. I haven't bought a new cream or soap for a few months. I'm not sure if I can make it through next year, but we'll see.

I have more than enough gear to last through 2012 and almost enough willpower to last until the middle of January.

Have fun guys!

I have more than enough gear to last through 2012 and almost enough willpower to last until the middle of January.

Have fun guys!

Haha.. I have a hard time passing up a good deal. lately, it's been easier since I have way too much stuff and can't justify buying seconds. Unfortunately, it's the pricier stuff that I don't have and well a good deal is still pricey. I wont last so I wont bother.

I've always wanted to try something on the edge, with a hint of daring-do. More importantly, this gives me that excuse to splurge on myself for the next two weeks.

I'm off to see a man about some DR Harris aftershave....

I basically went all of last year without getting more than a handful of replacement blades. It's just not fun. I think you're better off giving yourself a yearly budget and keeping in that. If you sell something you replenish your budget. I have a budget of roughly what I used to spend when I was shaving with cartridges and canned goo, which is around $150.00 to $200.00.

And, btw, after a year of restraint, it sure felt good to go to town and spend my budget in the last couple of weeks. New badger, R41, some TOBS and a few other things. Nice thing is I actually polished off a few lathers and needed to replace them!

I basically went all of last year without getting more than a handful of replacement blades. It's just not fun. I think you're better off giving yourself a yearly budget and keeping in that. If you sell something you replenish your budget. I have a budget of roughly what I used to spend when I was shaving with cartridges and canned goo, which is around $150.00 to $200.00.

And, btw, after a year of restraint, it sure felt good to go to town and spend my budget in the last couple of weeks. New badger, R41, some TOBS and a few other things. Nice thing is I actually polished off a few lathers and needed to replace them!

You're so practical. Where's the fun in that?

:lol:

If you will note my sig line. I don't even think I will give it a try this year. You guys have fun, though.

:a26: I do think I will sit back and enjoy the thread!

Who's in?

I'm in! I've got three brand new jars of MdC, about 6 unopened 20 packs of Personna 74's, 8 yellow Feather packs, my slant, and 11C. My weak link, however, might be my aftershave balm (Pre de Provence - only two tubes of that!). Otherwise, I'd probably be set up for a decade-long shave sabbatical!

I bought enough soap and blades to last me a year or two.
I've tried this before and always failed.

2012 is my year!

I'm in!!!

I am so in (mostly because I said something to the wife about it, and got "that sounds like a good idea."). :ohmy:

I've burned through all my trial samples, with the exception of one shave with Pen's Endymion, and a few cologne decants. I've got my brush lineup in place: 5 boars/3-5 badgers, depending on how many handles I get drilled out this weekend to source knots for before 1/1/2012. Blades are covered for a LONG time. Got a 95% tub of RazoRock XXX, same for a Tabac shave stick grated into a QCS wood bowl, and three tubs of QCS creams that came in yesterday (still have a pile of once/twice used QCS samplers for travel). Razors are good to go: a nice rotation of around 10 Gillette TTO's, from a flare-tip Super Speed to a #66 Aristocrat (and I successfully resisted JeffE's gorgeous #21 on the BST to boot...but just barely). Witch hazel: check; AS lineup: check.

My only exception will be a B&B LE.

When's kickoff? I'm READY!

Just talked about this with my wife last night.

I was going to order some Truefitt & Hill after I figured out which scent I liked best out of the starter kit (which has yet to arrive). Then I realized that I have maybe 2-3 years of cream and soaps. Time to tone the ADD down a little and work through those before I move on to something bigger and better.

She was VERY happy to hear this...

I'm in! I've got three brand new jars of MdC, about 6 unopened 20 packs of Personna 74's, 8 yellow Feather packs, my slant, and 11C. My weak link, however, might be my aftershave balm (Pre de Provence - only two tubes of that!). Otherwise, I'd probably be set up for a decade-long shave sabbatical!

If you'd like to part with one of those jars of MdC, PM me :) What kind of a man would I be if I didn't help another BnB'r with his RAD

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just talked about this with my wife last night.

I was going to order some Truefitt & Hill after I figured out which scent I liked best out of the starter kit (which has yet to arrive). Then I realized that I have maybe 2-3 years of cream and soaps. Time to tone the ADD down a little and work through those before I move on to something bigger and better.

She was VERY happy to hear this...

Did you get the one with the cologne? I don't care for creams, but T&H makes some great colognes. I really like Trafalger, and my wife is nuts over Spanish Leather.

Top Bottom