What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

I'm still here. Althought I only joined B&B and thus this thread in March, the last purchase of anything that I've kept for myself was just before Thanksgiving of 2011. I've been hoarding products vicariously through my nephews since then. Now I've got a new possible convert that I'm setting up. I still think that my hardware and software supplies will hold out until the end of the year, but will power is running low.

Oh, great! One day into this and I hear Joe at Italian Barber has more NEW stuff coming in! The Mods ought to find a way to make that old song, "The CandyMan" play every time you click in one of Joe's threads. :rolleyes:

Oh well. I had already convinced myself I don't have to try every new item that comes down the road, now that I have a stable of favorites which really perform well. But geez! You gotta get tested on day one????

Stay strong! After you pass the first couple of tests, I promise you it gets easier. Every time I get the urge to buy, I look at what I already have, and then I look at my bank account, and then I simply can't justify the purchase. It's worked well for me.

Being a new guy on B&B, being consumed for a month by this whole wet shaving phenomenon, realizing I'm now addicted I have to say this is the most humorous comment I have yet to read. Funny, sick and true......... :)

I'd be in but then I'd be out quicker than Kramer from the "master of my domain" contest.

I have a small box on the way from Bullgoose now, and planning for another in January as well as from Italian Barber.

I'm not even pretending that this is to save money anymore.

-Greg

Sorry folks - I'm new and didn't include the quote in reference to what I found quite funny! "I'm not even pretending this is to save money anymore" :)

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Still in. The whiff of temptation has not even crossed my nostrils.

I do not believe that for one second!

$PAB2732.jpg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Still going strong. July is definitely uncharted Sabbatical territory for me. I don't think I've ever made it past April in any of the previous purchase sabbaticals. Feels good. :biggrin:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
A new shaving sink!! To fit our tiny bathroom we installed a Vitviken two bowl sink and Godmorgon two drawer sink cabinet from Ikea.

$IMG_0450.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, a small success!

I am running out of Witch Hazel, so I got on Amazon to reorder a couple bottles, and I was sorely tempted to look around at soaps, creams, and stuff. I had a little self-talk with myself before getting on.

"Lessee, are there any books you are looking for? No? OK, need anything else for the apartment? No? OK, here's the plan. Get on, search for the witch hazel, grab it quick, One-Click checkout and GET OUT! No looking around."

Well, I did it! Two bottle of witch hazel on the way, I did not even look at anything else! I can be done! :lol:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
No purchases yet. Still in and still rockin a pretty healthy variety of lathering products (thanks to Santa Maria Novella lasting the first half of the year.

Top Bottom