What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've gotten about 150 shaves from my half used up tub of Santa Maria Novella since mid November and there's still gotta be at least 30 shaves left. My soaps are getting lonely but I definitely have enough to get through the year.

I definitely have to be in next year. So far this month 5 razors, 2 Semogues(620 and 830), 15 sticks of Arko(How could I pass up 15 sticks for $14.50 shipped?), and I am thinking about another razor.

I failed.

In my defence, I had 2 hours to kill in St James's - a visit to DR Harris was fairly inevitable. I'm amazed I managed to resist heading on to T&H, TOBS and Trumpers!

I failed.

In my defence, I had 2 hours to kill in St James's - a visit to DR Harris was fairly inevitable. I'm amazed I managed to resist heading on to T&H, TOBS and Trumpers!

Nice! No pictures? :a28: You know, just to show the guys what they shouldn't do while on sabbatical.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I failed.

Once you have broken the sabbatical in a place like that it is your duty to over indulge in all the T's... and post pics.

You know, you can still dream about products that would make you fall off the wagon. How about the ones below?

Castle Forbes limited-edition juniper shaving cream and matching aftershave.

D.R. Harris limited-edition lemongrass shaving soap with extra tallow.

Simpson limited-edition fan-shaped Chubby with ebony inlay.

You know, you can still dream about products that would make you fall off the wagon. How about the ones below?

Castle Forbes limited-edition juniper shaving cream and matching aftershave.

D.R. Harris limited-edition lemongrass shaving soap with extra tallow.

Simpson limited-edition fan-shaped Chubby with ebony inlay.

Still in. But Señor Gash is a bad, bad, man. :wink:

I'm still going strong, though I'll be heading OS for my annual holiday around July/August, so will likely pick up a few frags while I'm away.

So that would mean (assuming that I do break) I will have failed my own no-frag purchase, but would that mean I've failed this Shave Sabbatical?

From all accounts, I'm one of the few to do a frag purchase sabbatical, and it's not a mandatory part of the Shave Sabbatical. What are everyone's thoughts?

Never got a ruling on this one. Anybody?

Last edited:
Top Bottom