What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

Other than using a WCS gift certificate someone gave me for Christmas, I'm in. I actually kept track of what I spent in 2011. :yikes:

In like Flynn! Exceptions for normal replenishment and possible purchase of straight shaving equipment. And mustache wax, as I'm working on a handlebar so will need to find what I like in that realm. Gift money doesn't count, either.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm in. I have enough blades, soaps'n'creams AS, and razors to last well over a year.
I might buy a bottle or two of ink, but those aren't shaving supplies. :biggrin1:

PS. You might want to post last years rules/guidelines as not everyone was in on it.

Last edited:
I'm all in for a 2012 Shave Sabbatical.....with some exceptions

Any B&B LE is a Granted Pass

Fountain Pens and Ink are not included

Any auctions for charity are excluded

What say everybody !!!!

Never say never but I'm good with my three razors (EJ and two vintage Gillette) and two brushes (VdH boar and EJ super badger). I do reserve the right to replace the VdH brush if it goes south with another boar and to try any soap or cream of my choosing. Other than that, I'm good.

Can I exempt vintage brush handles badly in need of a refurb? It seems a shame to let those poor pretties suffer with ugly hair. That's it, just the old brushes. And an H-2 Gillette. I'm buying one in '12, as that razor (and I) will be turning 50. So just those two things -- old handles and an old razor. And some Arko soap. I'm sure I'll be traveling for work and the TSA doesn't like my Bigelow. So, three things. Is that okay?

</channeling Steve Martin in "The Jerk">

I just need a blade bank. And whatever else it takes to get free shipping. :001_tt2:
:clown:
I hope to use nothing but my straight in 2012. So long as i don't slice through my strop (again), I am going to give it a shot! Better order some stuff here now then!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
i'm all in for a 2012 shave sabbatical.....with some exceptions

any b&b le is a granted pass

fountain pens and ink are not included

any auctions for charity are excluded

what say everybody !!!!

ARE YOU NUTS?? :cursing:

HELL NO I SAY!!!!

Same rules as last year, I'm in need of replenishing my normal gear, I am running low on stuff. I will order 2 bottles of Osage rub, 5 packs feathers, 2 tubs proraso, 2 sticks arko........that should last me a full year. I am not putting ANYTHING on a "wish list" or if this or that is available either.

NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

Whos in with me, feel free to order and restock your normal stuff that will last u an entire year, and that's it, no more!

WHOS GAME?????

Ok so how overboard on your shopping did you end up going today lol??

You're not going to spend any money on shave kit for a year? I don't believe a word of it, from any of you! :001_tt2:

Technically speaking, the name of the game is "Gentlemanly restraint" which translates to "no binging, only reasonable purchases" in my head. So, I don't cotton to the "no purchases whatsoever" school of thought. So there. :p

Top Bottom