What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

I'm in! I think I'll order a R41 before this year is over, and some more WH. After that I really should be set for 2012. If I find a Fatboy really cheap in the wild I might crack, but other than that I think I will be ok with this. Especially since I don't really have the funds to be buying to much.

I ought to join in, because I have a lot of stuff now ... but there are a couple of things I have in mind ... so I'll be honest & skip this time.

Anyway, our B&B Vendors can't be too happy with this thread! :laugh:

:lol:
I imagine there's an emergency meeting being scheduled in Vendor Corner as we speak: "Gentlemen, these are tough times, and this scourge of austerity must be stopped!"

Who's in?

Hrm... I think I'm in, for the most part. I don't think I have enough blades to make the full year, but I've got enough soaps and creams for a good long while. I think that I'll try for this year with the exceptions of replacements, LE items, a straight razor setup (depending on how I like it, someone is planning on gifting me something), and beard and mustache care items (like mustache wax, beard gloss, and other sundries), and possibly an Osma soap.

Let's see if I can make it past April this time. :lol:

Who's in?

I'd be in but then I'd be out quicker than Kramer from the "master of my domain" contest.

I have a small box on the way from Bullgoose now, and planning for another in January as well as from Italian Barber.

I'm not even pretending that this is to save money anymore.

-Greg

Last edited:
I have gotten to zero of my brush handles this weekend, though I may have a chance to work on them a bit this evening. Got to get that done, or just buy two or three sizes in each knot...now there's an idea! :lol:

I always picture our wonderful B&B Vendors shuddering at the thought of these sabbaticals...good thing most people never stick to them!!

I always picture our wonderful B&B Vendors shuddering at the thought of these sabbaticals...good thing most people never stick to them!!

Exactly. The road to somewhere is no doubt paved with New Year's gym memberships and wet shaving supply sabbaticals.

-Greg

Okay, looks like we've got about 20 so far. We're all on the honor system here - post here if when you fall off. Vlad used the term "gentlemanly restraint" last year, and I think that's the basic idea here. I'm kidding myself if I think I'll make it the whole year, but I'm going to stay on the wagon as long as I can. Be strong, gents!

Okay, looks like we've got about 20 so far. We're all on the honor system here - post here if when you fall off. Vlad used the term "gentlemanly restraint" last year, and I think that's the basic idea here. I'm kidding myself if I think I'll make it the whole year, but I'm going to stay on the wagon as long as I can. Be strong, gents!

It's easy when you're as mature about this shaving stuff as I am. :biggrin1:

I am in, but not until I get back stateside in Feb. There is not that much to choose from here, except 2 locally made creams that are really good. Stocking up on creams, soaps and blades, and then I am done. I have 3 great brushes, 2 great razors, and basically in need of resupply.

Gonna give it a try. On my way now to check out any new stuff at the local shave shop. Only a few more days to get everything I need. :drool:

I'm in. The only thing I am going to need to pick up next year is a bottle of witch hazel. I'm participating in the "use it up" challenge for my soaps, and everything else is well-stocked.

I have a few things to get before the end of the year but should be able to make this work. Newborn due any day and a possible move on the horizon, so my attention will be diverted anyway. I've got two brushes on the way and reserve the right to buy a brush with the funds from selling one of them if it doesn't work for me. Other than that, I oughta be nails. At least until February...

OK I'm in. Did a little more buying and now I think I can hold out for a year.

If I break you guys do this to me. :a7:

Man Bullgoose, West Coast, Superior Shave and Vintage Scent are gonna miss me.

It's way too early in my wet shaving experience for this, I'm going to pass.

Heck, I still don't even know what sandalwood smells like yet and I just started straight shaving!

Same rules as last year, I'm in need of replenishing my normal gear, I am running low on stuff. I will order 2 bottles of Osage rub, 5 packs feathers, 2 tubs proraso, 2 sticks arko........that should last me a full year. I am not putting ANYTHING on a "wish list" or if this or that is available either.

NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

Whos in with me, feel free to order and restock your normal stuff that will last u an entire year, and that's it, no more!

WHOS GAME?????

Top Bottom