What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

I didn't pledge but made it w/ no purchases. Finally moving back to the states in 2 weeks after 11 years overseas so NO Way I'm in for 2013.

Welcome home and you deserve to splurge. :thumbup1: There is always the upcoming 2014 Sabbatical

It's January 7 and I have not bought any shave related items! One week down! 51 to go! I decided I'm going to use up all that I have first!

Yeah! It does feel good to knock out inventory. :a11:

Well Monday became Wednesday because of a FedEx screwup :cursing:

Behold the Tallowey Goodness! :thumbup1: 2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical here I come!

proxy.php

The only bummer is I'll be putting the Floid and the QCS Queen Charlotte up on the BST. I really can't smell the Queen Charlotte* (SWMBO can) and the Floid just isn't a scent I like.

*I can't smell T&H 1805 either. Maybe they are similar?

Behold the Tallowey Goodness! :thumbup1: 2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical here I come!

The only bummer is I'll be putting the Floid and the QCS Queen Charlotte up on the BST. I really can't smell the Queen Charlotte* (SWMBO can) and the Floid just isn't a scent I like.

Please tell me the QCS Fougere smells terrible :blink:

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Oh yes, the 2012 shave sabbatical, how did that go?

My only shaving purchase for 2012 was an Ever Ready Streamline on February 8th. That had been on my exceptions list, so it was sticking to the plan. Then a funny thing happened. I stopped even looking for shaving things. I've got great stuff to shave with, should be a good fifteen years before I need more soap, probably have enough blades for life. I still have a couple of razors on that exceptions list, but I'm no longer actively looking. Mind you, if I go to this Saturday's flea market and there's a Schick G2 and a Gillette Double Ring on a table with $5 price tags...but that probably won't happen.

Now for 2013, there's a fountain pen sabbatical.

Top Bottom