What's new

Ogallala Bay Rum sampler

I ordered this a few weeks ago. So far I've tried the Bay Rum and Sandalwood and Bay Rum, Sage, and Cedar. Both very nice AS. I have a feeling it will be hard to choose what to get in a larger size.

LOL! I hear ya.
I've got the sampler, but I'm not even going to use them until I've got some of the stuff cleaned out of the den.

But before getting the sampler, I've had their Sandalwood BR in the den for over a month.
I just added a puck of Sandalwood BR soap :biggrin:

I've had my sampler for a couple of weeks now and am pretty well convinced that the Sandalwood will be a year round go to and the Limes and Peppercorns is going to be in my hot weather rotation. The Sage and Cedar is very good, but Sandalwood is beating it out. On a side note, Sage and Cedar seems to go very well with the sample of Celestial Woods cream I have from Queen Charlotte Soaps.

i got a sampler for christmas, i was expecting to like the lime and peppercorn one the best but its the sandalwood one thats grabbed me too.

I like the lime and peppercorn and the standard bay rum. My nose hated the sandalwood, but I can't wait to try the sage and cedar.

Hi guys.
I am interested in picking up one of these samplers.
Can you tell me where I can get a good deal on one?
Thanks,
Jim

I also have had an AS sampler for about a month as well as their soap sampler. I was already using the Bay Rum and Sandalwood shave soap and wanted to try the others. So far, the Bay Rum with Limes and Peppercorns is my favorite. BTW, my experience as an Ogalalla customer has been terrific.

I've posted about this before I think, but I always order the sampler, because I simply cannot pick just one. I love them all. I actually didn't really like the lime and peppercorn one at all at first, but I've discovered now that it is awesome after shaving with a Speick shave stick. There is something there that just goes so well together. The shave soaps are pretty fine too.

Curious as to whether or not you guys who enjoy these Ogallala Bay Rums are "into" other fragrances? I ask because I too picked up the sampler a while ago, before I became an avid fragrance lover, and found them to be just okay (some were actually terrible). But since I've (re)discovered designer colognes and stumbled into the niche genre, I simpy can't tolerate any of these Ogallalas. They smell foul and rancid to me now. And it's not that I've become some dandified pretty boy who smells all sweet an' swell... I still dig rough-around-the-edges vetiver fragrances, deep and dark leathers, spicey peppers, deep and smokey woods, etc. Anyone care to comment?

Curious as to whether or not you guys who enjoy these Ogallala Bay Rums are "into" other fragrances? I ask because I too picked up the sampler a while ago, before I became an avid fragrance lover, and found them to be just okay (some were actually terrible). But since I've (re)discovered designer colognes and stumbled into the niche genre, I simpy can't tolerate any of these Ogallalas. They smell foul and rancid to me now. And it's not that I've become some dandified pretty boy who smells all sweet an' swell... I still dig rough-around-the-edges vetiver fragrances, deep and dark leathers, spicey peppers, deep and smokey woods, etc. Anyone care to comment?

I haven't used a lot of "higher end" frags or AS but I have used a few and I still love the Ogallala just as much as always. . In fact, when I first got them I thought they were just OK too, but I actually have a lot more love for them than I did initially. I prefer it to many of the designer things I've tried.

I guess Bay Rum in general is just not my cup of tea. Although I do quite enjoy the Captain's homebrew (not sure what it's officially called these days) on special occasions.

I also got the bonanza pack for Christmas, although I previously had a smaller sample of the Bay Rum/Sandalwood. I'm not a cologne user, and have a very limited number of aftershaves, but Ogallala will be one I keep on hand going forward. They're not overpowering or sticky like some others I've tried. I like the variety of the bonanza pack, but so far I'm leaning toward the Bay Rum/Sandalwood as my favorite scent.

Top Bottom