What's new

Guy sent home from work for wearing too much frag (guess which?)

Aventus is a dangerous scent. It is much louder than would seem to be. Many reports of anosmia with this one, misleading schmucks like me to over apply since I can't smell it. Three sprays will fill a few thousand square foot office.

I got my *** kicked by boss last time I wore it. Women love it, but watch where and how much you apply.

Last edited:
I'm a bit fascinated by the frag-heads on you tube. Most seem to be a mix between used car salesmen and an Aspie. Also the concept of smelling them no matter what they wear makes me cringe just from looking at them. Once a month or so I'll watch a bunch of you tube vids like a rubber necker at a multi-car accident on the highway then chastise myself and feel ashamed.

I'll never understand people that can't realize how potent they are.

I've learned a long time ago that it doesn't matter what scent/cologne/perfume/even soap that you use, be sensible about it.

When I put my aftershave on, I give it about 5 seconds to do it's work, then I splash some water on my face and just rub the water on my arms and such, so to have a nice and very light amount as an all-body thing.

For a cologne, I do similar if it's a splash-on, and if a spray, I do ONE spray and do it from as far as I can hold the bottle.

There's a fine line where BO and perfume are just as bad as the other... and of course, the worst people are those that I get stuck with in an elevator.

I've learned to hold my breath for a very long time thanks to that.

I wore this today, luckily, I only have a sample, so instead of 3 sprays , I put on three little dabs.

I find this hard to believe. He seems like the type (loud mouth) that would do 5 sprays plus one more for good measure.

Last edited:
I got a bottle of Gucci PH, and found it to be a skin scent, i.e. no sillage at all. So I overcompensated the second time I wore it. And I sent myself home! I was that guy! Luckily I noticed it before I was in public too long. First (that I know of) and last time that happens.

My office is scent free. We have a couple people that are very sensitive to scents and it triggers bad migraines. Sucks sometimes but makes morning decisions easier.

He may have been sent home for talking. Management just used the cologne as a cover.

We have a guy at work that wears too much cheap cologne...probably cool water. The company sent out an email about wearing too much cologne being offensive to coworkers. I always make a point to wear a subtle cologne on the job, C&S Oxford & Cambridge, Pen's Opus or Creed Green Irish Tweed.

I was going to guess Fahrenheit.

But anyway, about the Green Irish Tweed...I've personally never smelled it but there is a lot of discussion online about GIT being very similar to Cool Water. Just curious if you've heard this or smell any familiarities.

I love to try a lot of different colognes--some much higher quality than others--but have used Cool Water for probably 25 years. Sure, it's not $350 cologne or even $100 but I like it and still use it. Back when I first started wearing it, it was more exclusive and wasn't available at drugstores and such so that definitely is a downside, but I still like it.

Cool water may not be expensive, but I wouldn't put it in the cheesy smell category. I have a bottle and quite like it.

It's not as nice as GIT, but does have a similar base. git is a wonderful scent that is much more complex.

One spray of GIT is enough for me, cool water needs a 3-4 to last the day

Last edited:
Top Bottom