What's new

Do you guys cover your shaving soap with a cover when placed on a shaving cup/bowl?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Only if it's dried from the day's shave and I have a cover to fit. Otherwise, it stays uncovered.

Nope, I have put most of my soaps in Old Spice Mugs and I never cover them. Hasn't seemed to be a problem.

Covered, but not airtight or waterproof.
My current rotation is:
Tabac in a ceramic bowl with the red lid... the lid has "dimples" that hold the lid off of the bowl
MWF in it's ceramic bowl/lid. Lid has no dimples, but it's certainly not "anything proof"
Mama Bear's in her wooden bowl. This one stays on the bottom of the stack because the lid warps if I don't keep weight on it.

I just got some Ogallala bay rum soap and an aluminum tin for storing it. It has a screw-cap with a gasket, but I'll likely leave the lid loose.

No actual covers but I use small ramekin bowls which stack. But my Old Spice mugs and VdH bowl are uncovered.

I use mainly Cella in the large brick. I use a small sugar bowl with a lid to keep the portion I'm using. Keeps from drying out.

I try to order my soaps, whenever possible, with a container with a lid as it's just more convenient for stacking and storing that way. If I don't have a container with a lid, though, I leave them in the open. I currently have a mug with HBS Sandalwood and a ramekin with an Arko stick out in the open.
Hoping to tone down the scent on the Arko a bit.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I cover the ones with lids. The mugs and bowls that do not have lids, I turn them upside down when sitting on the shelf. My house is really dusty from blow fill insulation in the attic. I really need to get that changed over.

I only cover them if I am going to put them away for a while, otherwise they stay open on the counter so that they dry.

Top Bottom