OK, we have had the "most over rated" and "most underrated" threads. What about one about products you believe that you believe represent the best value in wet shaving. I will start:
1. Gillette Superspeed/Rocket. A solid razor that can be picked up for a decent price. Most people believe that it is a good, if mild shaver.
2. Schick Injector. I know I am going out on a limb with this pick, but Injectors can be had for very little money and once mastered, are great little shavers.
3. Omega Boar brushes. Heck, a great quality boar brush can be had for less than the cost of a VDH brush and most people who have tried them love them, especially the 10048 and 10049.
4. Real Shaving Company Cream. A solid performer that can be had for around five dollars a five ounce tube.
5. Astra SP/Wilkinson Sword Classic/US Personna/Red IP blades. Astras are the favorite of many here, myself included and they are inexpensive. Wilkies are an adequate blade that can be found just about anywhere as can US Personnas and they do give a good shave. Red IP blades are still inexpensive and give a superior shave.
OK, that is my start. Anyone else want to chime in?