What's new

Fragonard - Any Users

Fragonard doesn't get a lot of press around here, but I've heard they make good stuff.

Any recommendations - for both men and women.

I've heard good things about their Santal and wondered if anyone had anything to say about this or any other of the Fragonard scents.

Thanks gents.

Chris, I'm a fan of this French house. Their colognes are high quality at a good price. I have Santal and Cologne Grand Luxe. For the little lady I would recommend Soliel.

Austin - can you describe the santal - how does it compare to other sandalwoods?

Thanks.

Chris, this certainly is no Floris but a very pleasant combo of sandalwood and neroli. This scent is long lasting. It's worth a try.

Thanks Austin - for the price its worth the risk. While I like the floris, I also like the mixed sandalwood scents - have you ever tried the Elizabeth Arden sandalwood - quite nice (out of production, but you can get it pretty cheaply).

Also, thanks for the Soliel recommendation - is it on the sweet/floral side or is that tempered by the other notes.

Thanks again.

Hello Chris: Newish guy on the block here chiming in regarding Fragonard Santal. Check out Hampton Court in Santa Rosa California. They carry Fragonard and have a sample program so you can try before you buy.
Cheers.

Thanks Austin - for the price its worth the risk. While I like the floris, I also like the mixed sandalwood scents - have you ever tried the Elizabeth Arden sandalwood - quite nice (out of production, but you can get it pretty cheaply).

Also, thanks for the Soliel recommendation - is it on the sweet/floral side or is that tempered by the other notes.

Thanks again.

Elizabeth Arden is a nice scent. Not as woodsy as Floris or Yardley.

Soliel is floral with jasmine, orange blossum and sandalwood. It's very nice.

Elizabeth Arden is a nice scent. Not as woodsy as Floris or Yardley.

Soliel is floral with jasmine, orange blossum and sandalwood. It's very nice.

Thank you again kind sir - do you own every cologne ever made?

If you look around, you might be able to find, on eBay, or other sites that specialize in vintage fragrances, Fragonard's most famous men's fragrance...Zizanie. This one goes back to the twenties and was the favorite of Bing Crosby, who wore it almost exclusively. It's a relatively simple fragrance made up of Sandalwood and Patchouli, but the balance between the two is nothing short of amazing. Masculine, and yet devilishly sexy.

Top Bottom