What's new

Mama Bear's Soaps

My latest are Dragon's Blood and Lime Cilantro. DB has a rich smell that lasts for hours, stronger than YOB. LC is very limey and icy, great on hot day. Haven't had any skin reactions, but I don't have any allergies to speak of. Samples are a good idea, if you've had reactions to any soaps or colognes, aftershaves, etc.

I absolutely concur with the kudos for Mama Sue's customer service. None better. Period.

I got frustrated trying to chase the samples around the bowl with my brush. My solution was to hold the sample in my hand while I applied the brush to it - worked great.

What I do is to find a suitable bowl, place the sliver in it and gently but firmly press down with my thumb. The soap is soft enough, and your thumb warm enough, that it will soon give way and in this manner you can easily press it down until it's a thin irregular wafer at the bottom of the bowl. Then get your brush and load as your normally do.

I tried the microwave route the first time I used one of her samples and the scent disappeared. I tried using them as a mini shave stick but that was a PIA.

Up next tomorrow is MB "berkeley", which I LOVE the scent of in the tub, and I will be gutted if I am allergic to it.

Success! A little bit of a tingle on the upper lip towards the end of the shave, but an otherwise awesome time this morning with the MB Berkeley.

If you like Pine & Eucalyptus, the Berkeley scent is really great!

Incredibly I got my Mama Bear order in less than a week (including Canada customs!!!)

I ordered 2 bacon, 1 stuffed french toast, 1 wood, 1 vanilla cream stick, and 1 bay rhum stick. I also picked up an unscented mama bears summer balm cause I loved the winter one in CTB 2.

I have tried the bacon (smokey, a hint of maple), and the stuffed toast and I loved them.

Incredibly I got my Mama Bear order in less than a week (including Canada customs!!!)

I ordered 2 bacon, 1 stuffed french toast, 1 wood, 1 vanilla cream stick, and 1 bay rhum stick. I also picked up an unscented mama bears summer balm cause I loved the winter one in CTB 2.

I have tried the bacon (smokey, a hint of maple), and the stuffed toast and I loved them.

Pretty impressive isn't it? I received mine two days ago and I was blown away by the speed it got to Toronto. I ordered 2 x lemon mint, 2 x bay rum, and 2 x lime cilantro. I was really tempted by the food themed ones, but I didn't think that I could resist the temptation to eat french toast and bacon if I was shaving with it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I got frustrated trying to chase the samples around the bowl with my brush. My solution was to hold the sample in my hand while I applied the brush to it - worked great.
Here's a thread (with video) I started a while ago on how to use Mama Bear's samples.
PS.. Turn down the sound if you don't like soca or calypso. :tongue_sm

I was convinced I got a bad batch of mama bear soaps and was thinking of getting rid of them. They weren't lathering up as nice as I remember them in the past. I've recently started using heated distilled water to build lather though and problem's solved. I guess the tap water where I'm living at now is harder than I had before.

Had a terrific shave today with Awakenings. This is a must try soap for menthol fans out there.

in the beginning it sounded like you were ordering breakfast.

Can anyone post a pic or two of what the samples look like? Just ordered 16 but they don't have pics of the sample size. Maybe next to a lighter or something for scale?

Can anyone post a pic or two of what the samples look like? Just ordered 16 but they don't have pics of the sample size. Maybe next to a lighter or something for scale?

I too am interested in this. I've seen pictures before and compared to the stirling soap samples I just got in they seem pretty small. I think I'll be ordering mostly full pucks when I delve into mama bears and maybe one or two samples of iffy scents for me.

Agreed. I ordered a bunch of samples and had problems lathering most of them. I did a hand lather and they dissipated almost immediately for some reason. I had just gotten out of the shower so there was nothing in my hands that could have caused a reaction. I have hard water but I have no problem lathering my other soaps. Maybe I got a bad batch...

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
She included a couple of samples with various orders. They are small, good for maybe 2 shaves at most. Easiest way to use them would be to melt one in your shave mug and lather from there. She offers a 1.5 oz mug soap for not too much that should last, at a guess, a month or more. It works out to a nice large sample, you're not committed to the full 5 oz puck if you don't like it and you're not out much money.

Top Bottom