What's new

Mama Bear's Soaps

Pipe tobacco and cherry is absolutely foul! I'm sticking with conventional soaps with conventional fragrances such as MWF, TOBS and GFT.

Then you will be missing out on great soaps. You may not like that particular soap, but MB has many to choose from and they are quality soaps.

I'll have to go back and try my samples again. I've tried one sample twice and could not get a very good lather either time. Perhaps it's because it's a small sample piece that' I'm struggling. I had melted the piece in the microwave (a couple of 4 second hits and it still didn't melt all the way). I'm pretty sure I loaded enough product on my brush because the piece only lasted for 1 test lather and 2 shaves. Enough people seem to have luck with it that I guess another try is warranted.

I tried the spicy lime last night, so-so on the sniff test until I lathered and applied, this is an excellent scent, wife turned her nose up at the sniff test but after the fact she really liked it... very nice and refreshing and built nice lather (as is typical of her soaps)

You don't need to melt the samples, you can just smash them with your thumb or finger onto the bottom of a container (like a small Ziplock plastic food container, for example). Just push it down until it flattens. It will pretty much stick to the bottom of the container. You can easily get three good shaves out of a sample this way, sometimes five.

well, have tried a lot of samples, got a new round of samples the other day:

Dublin Tweed
Caribbean Bay Rhum
Aged Spice
Lime Ice

on the sniff test I like all of them, very nice fragrances, Aged Spice (according to wifey) is nice and subtle yet masculine, she thought Tweed was way to perfumy, liked bay rhum and thought lime ice smelled like lemon pledge haha

anyway, only ones I've actually used at this point are the Tweed and Bay Rum, tweed is not nearly as perfumy after the fact as it was in solid form, breaks down nicely and balances out well with a soft but pleasant lingering aroma, wifey liked it much more after the shave. bay rum on the other hand leaves its scent around for quite a while, not strong like the Hinoki Wood, but pleasant, though it smells really good, good enough in fact that I may try a bay rum splash in the future, are there other bay rum soaps out there?? just curious how MB's compares to those

Sue's sample sizes are friggin huge this time thru, I don't see how I'll get less than 8 great shaves out of each sample. I'm going to have to put off the Aged Spice for a while till I plow thru these first two samples and I'm saving the Lime Ice for a nice hot day to compare to the Bigelow cream I have on hand.

for the record - my first two staples arrived with this sample order, Ye Olde Barbershoppe and Spicey Lime.

Unfortunately without a never-ending supply of money I can't try every artisan's soap (at least not right away!) but I have found these artisans to be great to work with and haven't heard one bad thing about their soaps.

I find this similar to supporting wet shave stores, these artisans are providing us with quality soap and it just gives us more options and better prices, I definitely think everyone should try a few of them. Also, unlike many soaps, a lot of these are made in the good 'ole USA :)

All this talk--I had to get me the everyday sample pack myslef. I couldn't decide on just one and since summer is coming up, I figure I could find me a new scent.

I shaved with MB's Sandalwood Rose today, i dont think i've used a soap yet that lathers so well! And my whole bathroom smelled like a rose garden.

I'm a total newbie to DE shaving and have been reading this forum religiously. I just ordered 5 samples from Sue and I am excited to try them. They are:

Berkeley hills
patchouli
masonic lodge
hinoki
winter woods

I have been very impressed by everything I have read about her products and look forward to finding my first soap! I have only been using creams so far.

My two fav Mama Bear Soaps!

$mb 003.jpg

CHEERS!

--T

I have tried alot of the soaps recommended on this forum...including mystic water, mikes & mama bears and others. I've had absolutley no success with mystic, i liked mikes scent (orange, ceaderwood, & pepper), but mamas bears kick all their butts. The others dry on my face much to fast...mamas is perfect!!

I have tried alot of the soaps recommended on this forum...including mystic water, mikes & mama bears and others. I've had absolutley no success with mystic, i liked mikes scent (orange, ceaderwood, & pepper), but mamas bears kick all their butts. The others dry on my face much to fast...mamas is perfect!!

if they're drying too fast, you may want to try more water.

How are MB's shave sticks? I've got a trip coming up and a stick sounds like a good idea. But I don't really want any of the usual suspects.

They are good soaps and I used to use them, but recently the price has gone up somewhat. Now I can find other soaps that work as well for less.

Top Bottom