What's new

Mama Bear's Soaps

I tried the Sandalwood Vanilla last night, I like!! nice smooth fragrance (wifey's favorite so far), zero sting/burn. beautiful lather. I could see this one being one of my permanent rotation soaps.

In the past, I've used Dragon's Blood, Vanilla Musk, Lemon Ice, Mandarin Ice, and Coconut Lemongrass. Absolutely loved them all except for the Vanilla Musk. Right now I've got Tahitian Flowers, Lemon Lime, Marauders Citrus, and Mysore Sandalwood on order and can't wait to receive them and try them out. I want to try some of the other cottage industry soap makers products, but every time I start looking for a new soap, I'm drawn back to Mama Bear cause I have so much faith in her products.

tried the dragon's blood tonite... works great, scent just isn't for me... no burn as some have reported... glad I tried it once but I'm gonna pass off the remainder of the sample (it was a big sample, probably 3-4 more shave left in it) to my brother...

I received my order of 4 soaps from Sue this past Friday and of course couldn't wait to try them out. I've already been into the Tahitian Flowers, and the Mysore Sandalwood. I love them both. But also, I was happily surprised to discover that Sue had added a nice sample of Aged Spice, and an almost full tub of Lime Ice to my order. Small companies have to try harder to compete with the big boys in today's world, and Sue and her Mama Bears Soaps definitely know how to compete successfully.

tried Polynesian Red sample tonite, wife loved it, very perfume-y, very sweet, strong pinapple and orange scents... good soap, not my thing.

I'm curious what everyone's technique is for lathering the samples. I have tried loading w/ the sample in hand (mixed results) and using the sample like a tiny soap stick (decent results but ran out of lather).

I put it in a small Pampered Chef 1 cup container, the bottom of it is small diameter and it has fairly steep side and then I just load it up in there and build lather in a bowl/latte cup... I've had no problem loading the brush or 'chasing' the soap, has been a non-issue for me.

I put it in a small Pampered Chef 1 cup container, the bottom of it is small diameter and it has fairly steep side and then I just load it up in there and build lather in a bowl/latte cup... I've had no problem loading the brush or 'chasing' the soap, has been a non-issue for me.

I have some ramekins that are small enough to keep the chips contained but wide enough for by brushes. I'll try one of those next.

I've melted glycerin soap samples in those small remkins, and used it just like that. Worked well for me. You don't need to leave em in the m-wave too long. Just a few seconds will do the trick. Only thing I worry about is will the heating process alter the soap at all to affect its properties. Wouldn't think so, but I'm not a chandler.

Got the Almond. Smelled great, lathered easy. I wanted to like it - but it irritated my skin. PIF'd it.

Yeah this is unfortunately the case with a lot of her soaps. Her Ye Olde Barbershop did the same thing to me. Shame, I love the scent. I have visions of using that soap and then some Floid Blue to finish up.

I got a little reaction the first time I used Aged Spice. When I tried it again, it was barely noticeable (but I'm thinking that might be me blocking it out because I love the scent). The good news is it hasn't turned my face odd colors yet. I'll continue use... at my own risk.

Pipe tobacco and cherry is absolutely foul! I'm sticking with conventional soaps with conventional fragrances such as MWF, TOBS and GFT.

Top Bottom