What's new

What sunglasses are you sporting?

I've worn Oakleys for my last two pair, and they've been great (first was the whisker style, and currently a wrap-around discontinued style can't remember the name). My current pair are probably 8yrs old. I'll keep them for active stuff like bike riding, but I'm looking for a new pair for driving and general wear around town. I thought some aviator style would be nice. I tried on some RayBans, and was suprised by how heavy they felt - seems like they would be uncomfortable for any extended wear. Having heard great things about Maui Jims, I tried a few pair and was blown away by how comfortable they felt, especially compared to RayBan. Plus, the optics were incredible. Currently "eyeing" this model:
$hqg210-17_1.jpg
Once I get a little scratch together, I think this will be my next pair.

Agree on the Maui optics. I know they have a reputation for scratching, but damn they're awesome. I've only tried the plastic frame models so far. Those ones you show look sweet. Prices went up another $20 on the model I want. Apparently they've not noticed a recession. :)

I wear Ray Ban New Wayfarers in black as my everyday prescription glasses, but they transition to sunglasses if they are under the sun. So I guess they count here :001_tt2:

proxy.php

I just got a pair of these (with distance prescription) w/dark lenses for driving. The transition lens are great, but they don't darken in the car due to the UV coating on the windshield.

Old P.

I wear two behind the ear hearing aids so I need sunglasses with very thin arms. I've struggled for a while to find sunglasses that I found both comfortable and functional. A couple of years ago I tried a pair of Christian Dior Aviators. They are brilliant. Super comfortable. Cut huge amounts of glare and fit comfortably behind my ears with the aids. I've got thes frames but my lenses are darker.

$ChristianDior.Toreadior.12774.jpg

Top Bottom