What's new

Down the rabb...err..Boar hole!

Just got my 2nd ever brush (I will not deign to call the floppy mess of hair and plastic i got for free from AOS a brush) in the mail today. It is an Omega 49 Pro. I broke it in with some hot (not boiling) water, shampoo and a good Proraso lathering. My other brush is a Tweezerman badger. So i pose this to the boar connoisseur's out there, how many shaves should it take me to fall in love with boar and leave badger behind?

You won't leave your badgers behind but the Omega 49 is a great brush. I have now sold all my Semogues and the only boar I have left is an Omega 49. It's a huge brush, but does well with soaps and creams. It's a must have item at least to me

The 48 and 49 are amazing brushes. It'll take about 2-3 weeks to break the boar in and it'll just keep getting better as the ends split. Just remember to soak the tips in water for 5 minutes or so because boar hair soaks it up rather than holding it like badger. With a soaked brush, the hairs are less likely to break (in half, not the same as splitting ends).

Top Bottom