What's new

Duke 3 twins

If I were in the market for a brush similar to the Duke 3 (particularly in density) but from a different manufacturer than Simpson, what would you guys recommend. I have a Duke 3 and love it but all of my other brushes I have made for myself. If I got the bug to buy another brush like the Duke 3, what would you guys recommend? I like to build lather in my scuttle. Thanks for the input.

Duke 3 knots have varied a bit in recent years. Mine is a short lofted bulb shape whereas newer ones seem to be more fan shaped (but taller).

So...what does yours look like? Pics?

My Duke 3. About 2 months old. About 8-10 uses. I use it once a week, on average. I find the Duke to be very soft on the face with great backbone and is very dense.
$IMG_1500.jpg
Side view

$IMG_1501.jpg
Knot

$IMG_1502.jpg
TGN Finest XH knot on left, for comparison

Go for X2L since you like to build lather in scuttle or get a Simpsons with taller handle.

Thank you for the recommendation. My main concern is matching the Density of the Duke knot. Does the X2L knot feel as dense? I like the Emperor handle quite a bit.

I have to say that my Rover 2 comes closest to the density of my Duke 3. And I think I like the rover handle better.

While it's not quite as dense, it's softer and has fantastic backbone.
proxy.php

I actually prefer the Thater to the Duke as it's quite a bit softer.

Steve

Top Bottom