What's new

aqua velva

I found a 3/4 full glass bottle of Aqua Velva at the antique store today. It's the green version. It was $3 but I didn't pick it up cause I'm not a AV fan.

I found a 3/4 full glass bottle of Aqua Velva at the antique store today. It's the green version. It was $3 but I didn't pick it up cause I'm not a AV fan.

"Son, we need to talk...!"

Worst case scenario is that you either sell it on the B/S/T and get your money back and then some, or PIF it if you're feeling particularly generous one day. This is a fairly rare item in the US, and I'm sure there will be a line of guys waiting to take it off of your hands. GO BACK THERE AND BUY IT NOW!!

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There is a version called "Aqua Velva Sport" which is sold in Canada but not in the States ... :001_tt2::001_tt2: ... (we gotta take our small victories where we can find them) ... and it's green.

IIRC the scent is not totally dissimilar from Prorasso A/S. (Memory not too good on the Prorasso.) But the scent overall is very nice and IMHO a notch or two above the 'regular blue'. Not as mentholated, though.

proxy.php

The green bottle

Well, I like ice blue aqua velva. It's a nice, clean scent. Bet the lime stuff is real nice.

OP, I'd go back and buy it if I were you. There's worse ways of spending three bucks.

I agree, you have to go buy it tomorrow. As a last resort you can easily post it on B/S/T and get compensated for your time and trouble. I spent time in antique stores when I travel as a way unwind from the rigorous of the road and have developed a simple rule of thumb. If it is reasonably priced and shave related there is a home for it somewhere.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
There is a version called "Aqua Velva Sport" which is sold in Canada but not in the States ... :001_tt2::001_tt2: ... (we gotta take our small victories where we can find them) ... and it's green.

IIRC the scent is not totally dissimilar from Prorasso A/S. (Memory not too good on the Prorasso.) But the scent overall is very nice and IMHO a notch or two above the 'regular blue'. Not as mentholated, though.

And it's now my new favorite AV. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom