What's new

I have found a razor more aggressive then the R41

I have had a French RAD for some time now and am making my way through the usually smooth razors the French produced. Most of them shave similar to the new improved open combs in my opinion but have a smoother feel and have slightly more efficiency. That is until I have been stopped in my tracks by the Leresche 77. This thing has more bite then the R41 and complete attention is needed while shaving, one wrong move and nicks and blood appear instantly. My face is glassy smooth but it is about 10min of rapted concentration while dragging the heavily exposed blade lightly across my face. My first shave was a mess, my 2nd today better but still got a nick. I can't go AGA with this razor but 2 passes with the 2nd on a diagonal was enough for a glass smooth BBS, which is similar to what I get with the R41. I know there are several others with this razor, anyone else think its this aggressive?
Here is a pic of JAWS
View attachment 207624View attachment 207625
Aaron

Impressive razor, but I wonder why they even bothered with the "safety bar". I was thinking of placing a blade in a vise grip and shaving with that. should be more agressive than the R41 too :)

Why would you even want to shave with this razor? To my mind... if I'm using a razor that requires total and absolute concentration in order to not gash myself, I'm using the wrong razor. Especially since I shave in the early morning before having the chance to have a cup of coffee!

Just one guy's opinion!

Why would you even want to shave with this razor? To my mind... if I'm using a razor that requires total and absolute concentration in order to not gash myself, I'm using the wrong razor. Especially since I shave in the early morning before having the chance to have a cup of coffee!

Just one guy's opinion!

Agreed, this would not be a good sleepy eyed razor, bet neither is the R41. I would think it takes less concentration then a straight though!
Aaron

Nice razor Aaron. I haven't found that mine was very aggressive. Good close shave & very smooth. What blade did you use?

Last edited:
Nice razor Aaron. I haven't found that mine was very aggressive. Good close shave $ very smooth. What blade did you use?

I'm surprised. It felt almost like a single edge, has more gap and more blade exposure then the R41, of course the Leresche bends the blade quite a bit on an angle and the R41 blade is pretty much flat. I used a personna med prep, maybe I should try something else?
As far as blade exposure my blade hangs over the edge of the top guard edge by about 1.5mm, not sure if yours is similar of if mine is more exposed for some reason.
Now the Kirby that was smooth, this leresche is almost too much for me.
Aaron

Good lord!! I would just throw it in the draw and go for a straight edge!!

It is said that the samurai Minimoto Musashi used this once in a duel when he was 28...of course all he could get were Feather blades...

Spanish Inquisition..to harm the others with their shaving gear :001_tt2:
Damn that looks cool...try it..but go REAL slow with a VERY mild blade.

Top Bottom