What's new

I have found a razor more aggressive then the R41

Andrew sent me his and it is quite a different shave. Its definately a different model. Mine has a top cap this is not fixed but comes off and also has a very steep angle to the guard making it hyper-aggressive. Andrew's and I suspect Jake's give a much more mild shave. Here are a few pics demonstrating the differences. Mine is on the left, the unpolished one with the steep angle. They are both going out to Andrew today for yet another comparison shave...
Aaron

Attachments

• $DSC_0543.jpg
    $DSC_0543.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 63
  • $DSC_0544.jpg
    $DSC_0544.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 64
I have been comparing Aaron's razor with mine for the last couple of weeks. Wow, what a difference! The pictures tell the story - Aaron's razor has a different head geometry than mine. Imagine bending the guard bars inward a little, resulting in more blade exposure. As the title of this thread states, Aaron HAS found a more aggressive razor than the Muhle R41. I agree with him 100%. The Leresche 77 may appear to be a monster of a razor, inspiring visions of Jaws or a bear trap, but the head geometry keeps the razor in check. Even Aaron's aggressive razor is not dangerously so. I was able to achieve an extremely close, irritation-free shave with his razor, but had to watch my technique. I would say the same is true when I use the R41. Here are some photos of the two razors:

In the first photo, Aaron's aggressive 77 is on the left. In all other photos, his razor is on the right.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So there's a blade gap you could drive through, but then they extend the ends to cover the ends of the blade that aren't sharp? Still, a nice looking razor. With the extra bend it puts in the blade and the exposure it sounds almost like a slant.

Scott

Top Bottom