What's new

Does anyone understand Simpson pricing?

The Superior Shave. Guess some folks still have old stock they didn't pay arm and leg for.
Yes, the X2L lineup on The Superior Shave now has a pricetag of $110. That includes shipping, but is still a BIG jump from the $65-75 we have grown accustomed to. Hopefully we'll get some amplifying info if indeed it is an industry wide movement.

Funny how badger hair got more expensive (presumably) at the same time that the wetshaving culture is starting to gain traction. Those are some mean critters.

.....i only own one Simpson...... i bought it because i got it a good price and it is made in Europe....

.... we have to support Old World craftsmanship..........

YIKES! A good brush for $65, but there are much better options for $100. On top of that the lofts are over 50. I got rid of mine because I thought 48 was too high.

Even with shipping, you can buy direct from Simpson for under $70.

The way I see it, you pick out a Rooney that you really like and then just decide how much more you're willing to spend for a sticker.

Tony,

Which Rooney brush would be comparable to a Simpson Persian Jar in "Super"? Not being a smart-*** here, just would like to try one.

P.S. As others have commented, I have also been impressed with Simpson density.

Well, we sure do seem to be selling alot of these chubby's, lets mark up those 200% what they are worth. Something like that, except with each model.

Top Bottom