What's new

Blenheim Bouquet vs. Arlington

Has anyone out there tried both of these AS splash products? I have Arlington, and was wondering whether to try the Blenheim Bouquet. What I like about Arlington is that it is NOT sticky or tacky even though it contains glycerin, and that the scent is not over the top and overpowering (there's an unwritten "don't stink up the place" rule at my office, so potent AS products are out of the question). I have tried the Blenheim Bouquet shave cream, and like the scent, so that's not really part of this inquiry.

So basically, to anyone that has tried both: how does the scent potency and "glycerin sticky" factor of Blenheim Bouquet compare to Arlington?

I realize this might be searching for a needle in a haystack, but whatever. Thanks in advance!

I have never used BB but I do have English Fern AS. I find the scent great but is pretty much just alcohol and fragrance. My face feels like it was lit on fire after using it as opposed to the slight burn but cooling effects Arlington gives.

i don't enjoy the scent of the Arlington AS (or EdT), i wish i knew what BB A/S smelled like.. i enjoy the pepper of the EdT. i look forward to someone else commenting as well.

While I don't have the Arlington AS, being a citrusy scent I'd expect a staying power about 2 minutes... :smile:

Damn. I'm afraid that the lack of experienced responses means that I'll have to take one for the team. Seriously, $85.00 per 100ml? Really? 85 cents per ml? Must have gold flakes in it, like Goldschlager or something.

I prefer the Blenheim scent over Arlington, as it seems a bit more complex and interesting, whereas Arlington, at least to my nose, is a much more straight citrus and staggeringly close to some house-cleaning products. However, Arlington is what I actually use, while I eventually threw out my bottle of BB, because the BB scent always seemed a bit too strong and, more importantly, it gave me a feeling of constantly being about to sneeze.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Blenheim Bouquet aftershave splash is incredibly overpriced but very very VERY good. I own it but use Proraso splash most everyday followed by Pens BB EDT. I do love DR Harris products as well. Just something decidingly British Lux surrounding the Blenheim.

Top Bottom