What's new

Storage solutions?

I'm interested to see what people have come up with for storing there straights. And peoples preferences and why. I'm interested because i'm quite new to straights and i'm starting to think about storage ( since i'm now heavily addicted to collecting/ using). I'm thinking of having a few homemade 7 day boxes to house the 1s i intend to use over the next few years, And some kind of wall displays to house/show the straights i want to keep purely to collect and not use (Well maybe every now and then). I know a few of you have been at this for a while and would love to see some photos of your ideas. Thanks all.

Legion

Staff member
Most of my rotation live in a cutlery chest I have a fair few more than in this photo, so the chest is pretty full. The overflow is in cigar boxes.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I would bust out my Lego razor box, but Legion's is a hard act to follow :)

This is how mine look atm, not pretty but somewhat orginised, but im sick off making cardboard boxes.

Attachments

• $SL372914.jpg
    $SL372914.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 629
  • $SL372913.jpg
    $SL372913.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 620

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
This has since been taken out of commission since making my DIY 7 day set/box and downsized...
proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
:) its a great temporary set up to decide how you want to set up your razor collection...

Thanks Kirk, thats not all the bengalls either, i have a major problem i know. Mdunn That cab looks really good. I had already pictured 1 the same for razors and thought na it'll look to plain. But now ive accually seen it i dont think its plain at all, infact it looks sweet. How do u think it would look with double the shelfs? and price wise its prob out of my reach, the 1s ive seen are all over $500.

Several dollar-store toothbrush coffins with toilet paper stuffed in the ends to keep the rattling to a minimum...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
sweet ideah ban alot of bengalls there. @kentos what is that razor on the top right on top of cork ?

Its the Feather AC SS nonfolding razor. If you haven't tried a Feather Style razor and want some white knuckled excitement again you should....after the learning curve they are hard to beat for easy smooth BBS shaves, to the point it becomes almost too easy.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like it! what are the little balls in the top? I assume they are for absorbing moisture.

Yup. Dessicants. With the box semi hermetically sealed the dessicants keep everything nice and rust free :) I also keep a few of the larger ones from Asian snack bags in there too.

Legion

Staff member
Yup. Dessicants. With the box semi hermetically sealed the dessicants keep everything nice and rust free :) I also keep a few of the larger ones from Asian snack bags in there too.

Just be careful if you have ivory (and some other natural material) scaled razors. Air in a sealed environment can be too dry, leading to desiccation and cracking. One of those straight razor "catch 22" situations.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Just be careful if you have ivory (and some other natural material) scaled razors. Air in a sealed environment can be too dry, leading to desiccation and cracking. One of those straight razor "catch 22" situations.

Ah, that never crossed my mind. Luckily I am still into low rent razors so no worries on that front yet :)

Top Bottom