What's new

Hand Washing

I'd like to know how they got their figures.

==Tom

The following is taken from the link supplied earlier in the thread.

Observational Survey Methodology

Harris Interactive® conducted an observational study on behalf of the American Society for Microbiology and The Soap and Detergent Association in August 2007. They observed the behavior of 6,076 adults (of whom 3,065 were men and 3,011 were women, who appeared to be age 18 and older) in public restrooms located at major public attractions in the U.S., and recorded whether or not they washed their hands after using the facilities. The research was conducted in four cities and at six different locations:

* Atlanta – Turner Field
* Chicago – Museum of Science and Industry and Shedd Aquarium
* New York City – Penn Station and Grand Central Station
* San Francisco – Ferry Terminal Farmers Market

Observers discreetly watched and recorded whether or not adults using public restrooms washed their hands. Observers were instructed to groom themselves (comb their hair, put on make-up, etc.) while observing and to rotate bathrooms every hour or so to avoid counting repeat users more than once. Observers were also instructed to wash their hands no more than 10% of the time. The 2007 observational research results can be directly compared to the 2005 findings (6,336 observations) as they took place at the same locations using the same methodology.

am i the only to notice that the figure is actually 23% and not 33%? :biggrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The first thing I usually do when reading such tidbits is to check if the originally provided information is actually accurate. So, I called the OP on his mistake, yet, I made one of my own, and you are the only (?) one who noticed it (at least you are the only one reporting it). :w00t: :w00t:

That goes to show that people often happily ignore the facts (if not falsify, fabricate or otherwise distort them) when discussing charged issues. Very good example!

Actually, it's 66% of men who wash their hands and 33% who don't. It's 88% of women who was their hands.

Good catch! :thumbup:

Best - MM

The following is taken from the link supplied earlier in the thread.

Observational Survey Methodology

Harris Interactive® conducted an observational study on behalf of the American Society for Microbiology and The Soap and Detergent Association in August 2007. They observed the behavior of 6,076 adults (of whom 3,065 were men and 3,011 were women, who appeared to be age 18 and older) in public restrooms located at major public attractions in the U.S., and recorded whether or not they washed their hands after using the facilities. The research was conducted in four cities and at six different locations:

* Atlanta – Turner Field
* Chicago – Museum of Science and Industry and Shedd Aquarium
* New York City – Penn Station and Grand Central Station
* San Francisco – Ferry Terminal Farmers Market

Observers discreetly watched and recorded whether or not adults using public restrooms washed their hands. Observers were instructed to groom themselves (comb their hair, put on make-up, etc.) while observing and to rotate bathrooms every hour or so to avoid counting repeat users more than once. Observers were also instructed to wash their hands no more than 10% of the time. The 2007 observational research results can be directly compared to the 2005 findings (6,336 observations) as they took place at the same locations using the same methodology.

I'd hate to have that job. Ya might be mistaken for some sort of perv.

==Tom

Since I started emblaming I learned to become a hand wash addict - its bad, but I just can't help myself.

Thank god for udder cream!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The first thing I usually do when reading such tidbits is to check if the originally provided information is actually accurate. So, I called the OP on his mistake, yet, I made one of my own, and you are the only (?) one who noticed it (at least you are the only one reporting it). :w00t: :w00t:

That goes to show that people often happily ignore the facts (if not falsify, fabricate or otherwise distort them) when discussing charged issues. Very good example!

Actually, it's 66% of men who wash their hands and 33% who don't. It's 88% of women who was their hands.

Good catch! :thumbup:

Best - MM

So when shaking hands, 1 in 3 times you get to say "Hello Mr. Johnson?" Certainly gives you a warm fuzzy.. (NOT):thumbdown

To some extent i agree that we might have "overdone" the handwashing thing but i know of a lot of deceases that occur by not doing so especially in my workplace.

I heard that the knobs on the water facets and the lever to get more towels are the dirtiest parts of the bathroom. One more reason to carry hand sanitizer!

Sounds like you have used a bathroom after my brother-in-law has "dusted" the bowl

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is this one boy, about 10 years old that comes with his mom to the studio every now and then. I swear the kid has to be blind, I've never seen someone who aims that bad.

66%+33%=99% what do the other 1% do, fondle the **** puck, play with the urinal mint? Either you wash them or you don't. Maybe nobody washed there hands because there was some perv that was in the washroom combing his hair when they went in and he was still there after they finished, I'd want to get out of there too.

Top Bottom