What's new

Mystic waters shave soap (first time use and wow!)

I rececenlty saw a post about Mystic Waters soaps and shave soap. Observing that scents were being discussed, I was quick to hint, for purley selfish reasons a bayrum would be a great additon to Michelle's product line. The Bayrum scnet is my all time favorite soap and afterhsave.
Michelle and I ended up messaging each other a few times. She also learned I have been having skin sensitivity issues. I explained I have a spinal/nerve injury that causes me constant pain. I take various medicines for the pain and I rarely sleep. It seems my facial skin is taking the brunt of this abuse. Shaving became painful and rarely had any effect on my steel whiskers. This is why I got into de shaving and straights 3 years ago. I still looked beat up, tired, worn and way older then I am. Using tips and tricks I learned on B&B, I have managed to get to the point where there has been some improvement. Very recenlty people are staring to comment I look good (her soaps already in use as of most recent repeated compliments). I still need to be careful because the skin is sensitive.
Michelle was quick to offer some of her experiences and thoughts. She told me she was curently working on a bayrum soap and would like me to try it since I am such a bayrum fanatic. She also sent me some of her regular soaps to try Oatmeal, Goatsmilk (absolutely wonderful smells from these soaps. It is like a little peace on earth if you let yourself get lost in the scents) Avocdo castel and Unscented. She thought the soaps might help my skin and explained how I should use them. My kids decided we should try the Avocodo first. I began preping my face for the last few days washing my face each morning and night with it.
This morning I put the bayrum in my Supersized Shaving Cup (THE MONGO 2 handed Disney Nightmarebefore xmas cup). I filled up sink with hot water, put a few quik splashes on top of the soap. I choose my trusty HydePark Boar. I know even hard to lather soaps it easily defeats. I dropped the boar in the sink and headed into the shower. I washed my face throughly with the Avocodo and walked out to begin my test of this new shave soap. Litterally 3 quick swrils and the cup was overflowing in lather. It felt and looked great. THIS IS THE QUICKEST I HAVE EVER MADE LATHER! My routine is always to add a little shave oil and brush my teeth while I let the lather sit on the brush. I feel this gives the lather a chance to set which has given me better lubrication qaulities from the quality soaps I have used and like. To give this soap a proper evaluation, I did not use any preshave. I did take a bit of lather and put it on my face and rub my finger across to feel what lubrication was like right after I lathered it up. It was definately good. I brushed my teeth and afterward lathered my face away. This soap looked and went on I would say as excatly before letting the lather sit. I started shaving and it was an enjoyable experience. I thought at first that it wasnt as slick as some of the others I use. I was wrong!!!!!! When I went to went to strecth out my skin, like I normally do, my fingers just slided away unable to grip my skin. I rarely have this happen or have to use some alum to get the stretch done. Not this time, it was the only way I was going to accomplish this task. Three passes, BBS acomplished, no irration just a great feeling and looking shave accomplished. Razor used FATBOY set at 7 with a bran new ASTRA
As I finished getting ready for my daughter's dance rectile, I noitced something even better then my shave with the new soap. My face looked great, it was well conditioned, tighther then its been in a very long time. I do not mean tight like painful or over dryed from alcohol. This was a youthful and healthy look/feeling. I cannot remember the last time I had this look it has been so long. It was like I was ready for a night out on the town and knew my face showed the confidence within, like I was going home with the hottest chick I met confidence. (Hope wife doesnt see this!) sorry:(, best analgy I could think of and no disrespect to anyone. This has been the side of me that I lost when I got hurt, It was like I have been cursed with a tired and worn down look. My college sweetheart's family were German. Her dad had a phrase or word in German for me, (I am at a loss for word right now). It basically meant I carreid the weight of the world on my face. They said in my case they mean it was a compliment and that I carried the look well. Take that wieght and now make everythin sag from it, some creases from constant pain, crigning, worn out not sleeping look and add slight facial irritation is how I have been looking. It has been a big blow for me and is a constant reminder of what I have lost. Other then shaving, I have avoided looking in the mirror because it upsets me. I honestly feel The Mystic Waters products and shave soap were the final ingreidants for my skin to recover and get back that healthy youthful glow. WOW is all I can say! I will admit I have tried some rather pricey products to try and combat my issues which for price which I was not impressed with the end results. Some quality not over priced witchhazel, Alum good Mystic waters soaps inlcuding shaving soaps and a great Bayum after shave is all I appearantly needed. SERIOUSLY MICHELLE'S PRODUCTS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
In terms of the BAYRUM scent in the shavesoap. I think it is a good scent. The other soaps have really great scents and I was worried that I could be confusing soomething with one versus the other so I seperated them to make sure I was not confusing a scent. I waited a few days before opening the Bayrum up. My nose is a little stuffy and before I comment on if it is perfect for my likes soley as a bayrum scent or not I want to wait until my nose has cleared up. This is a soap scent she is still working on. I would buy it in a heartbeat as is. It is an amazing product. In a few days after my nose has cleared and I have played with this wonderful soap more I will comment on the bayrum scents. I want to make sure if I give her advice about changing the scent it is the correct advice and not something that I am off because I am missing part of the scent. I also do not want to comment and give someone the wrong impression either about the scent before I go in detail describing it. My 5 yr old son has already tried to lay claim to the bayrum. When he heard it was for shaving, he said he needed to start shaving too. He asked me to feel his whiskers and asked which shaving brush I was giving him. Obviously, he is a fan of the scent.
I will be a future and long term customer!!!!!!!! MICHELLE'S products have done something very special for me and these were things that she did not make claims to either. This is just my story about my experiecnes with MYSTIC's WATER SOAPS. From the bottom of my heart thank you Michelle!

Top Bottom