What's new

How to use aftershave splash

I bought a polo gift set and I thought it came with an aftershave balm. But it was actually a splash, which I've never used. My questions are: how do I use it? Is a splash better worse or just different than balm? And when I use the cologne, will it be too much scent?

To use a splash- pour some into the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, then pat onto your face and neck. I prefer splashes to balms because they just seem to fight razorburn better and are less greasy. You will find plenty of other guys, particularly with dry/sensitive skin who prefer balms. When a single product like Polo comes in an aftershave and a cologne, the aftershave fragrance will always be more dilute than the cologne. They are intended to worn together.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Splashes are great. I can't imagine what shaving would be like without some of the great splashes, such as Speick and Musgo.

how much aftershave splash should one apply after shaving?

That really depends on the aftershave and your skin. If the aftershave has a stronger scent than you want or burns a bit much for you(which some of us like :p) then use less or dampen your face with water first.

My skin feels great and soft after using a aftershave splash lotion so I usually do two shakes of the bottle and apply then two more shakes and apply. I also go from the top of my cheek bones to the base of my neck.

how much aftershave splash should one apply after shaving?

i finish by a cool rinse, pad dry, small pea sized amount of 444 and a small pooling of AS splash in the cup of my hand.

my process is to rub my hands together, air them out for about 10sec (to let a bit of the alcohol dissipate) and then rub on my face and neck. i like to have no wetness, not a bunch left over on my hands etc.

after a few times you will be the right amount down.

I dump some in my hands, rub them together, and then rub my face and neck. It always burns a little. If it burns a lot, then I know either my shave technique was off or I need a new blade. I much prefer spashes to balms. I like to be soft and dry with no grease. Maybe you will find a new item you love. Next up...alum!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I just got a bottle of Clubman in the mail today and only put a few drops in my hand (like I don't think I even had enough to cover my whole face) and it's so strong I feel like I can't breath. I applied it about 1.5 hrs ago and I think I'm asphyxiating. I didn't mention it to my wife when she got home and she didn't act like it was blowing her nose off, so maybe it's just me. If I had used 2 shakes twice I may have had to sleep on the couch!! This Clubman is STRONG STUFF!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I just got a bottle of Clubman in the mail today and only put a few drops in my hand (like I don't think I even had enough to cover my whole face) and it's so strong I feel like I can't breath. I applied it about 1.5 hrs ago and I think I'm asphyxiating. I didn't mention it to my wife when she got home and she didn't act like it was blowing her nose off, so maybe it's just me. If I had used 2 shakes twice I may have had to sleep on the couch!! This Clubman is STRONG STUFF!!!

If you decide you cannot handle it, I've got something I'll happily trade you, maybe it works for you: Lilac Vegetal.

I'll prove my newbie-ness here and ask this without shame.... Is that what folks call "the veg"? That seems to have more of an acquired appreciation than the original yes?

into my cupped left hand, i shake a half-tablespoon of bracing, boozy, aftershave. with a patting/rubbing motion, i deftly distribute half of the aftershave into my right hand and then begin the highly scientific process of smacking my face with both hands, making sure to equally distribute the entirety of the product thereon.

Is that what folks call "the veg"? That seems to have more of an acquired appreciation than the original yes?
Yes. Maybe. I'm not looking forward to acquiring an appreciation for it after my first experience with it this morning. But, I suppose it is possible...

Nice, I think I better test it with some WH and maybe mix it with some unscented ASB before giving it up
I have to warn you: If you put too much Clubman on, make sure if you go out in public you are wearing your wedding ring and your wife is at your side. You could get yourself into trouble otherwise.

Gotta say I've been using "The Veg" for some time now. I can tell you the scent changes from the bottle to the skin and even after a few minutes it changes again. I have been CHOSEN.. I also believe "The Veg" has superb skin care qualities. As for Clubman, It is a classic scent. The scent that reminds me of the barber shop when I was a kid. IMHO it dissipates in a couple hours....And yes The Ladies do love it... I use both. I apply my A/S thus: A couple shakes into my left hand. Rub hands together and apply to my face. Sometimes I'll do it twice... Not ROCKET SCIENCE !!!! C'MON MAN !!!!

Gotta say I've been using "The Veg" for some time now. I can tell you the scent changes from the bottle to the skin and even after a few minutes it changes again. I have been CHOSEN..

This is a key fact about The Veg that isn't often discussed. People open the bottle, take a sniff, smell cat pee, and exclaim, "I'm not chosen!" Wrong, wrong, wrong! You've got to apply it to your skin, and wait for the changes to happen. There's a verb for this waiting process: it's called Vegitating. :biggrin1: The Veg is actually a mild, pleasant and manly scent -- if you have the patience to let it happen. Good things come to those who Vegitate! :clover:

Top Bottom