What's new

I Did It....I Ordered the Veg Tonight

While ordering some last minute gifts on amazon, trying to hit the all important supersaver mark, I pulled the trigger on Lilac Vegatal. I am excited because of all the threads I've read on here about it. Can't wait!!!! Maybe it's a good thing I don't go back to work until Jan 3rd...if it's a stinker I won't offend anyone, lol...I think I'll like it though. I have yet to try a Clubman/Pinaud product I don't like.

I have yet to try a Clubman/Pinaud product I don't like.

I have most of the Pinaud line and I'd say the Lilac Vegetal's scent is quite different compared to the others. Does have the notable powdery note in the dry down, but other than that is quite unique. Was hoping to like it, but got the Play Doh vibe at first sniff from the bottle, followed by the men's room/urinal puck scent when sampling it eventually. A few people I had shared the veg with commented on it smelling like baby butt (or some type of baby related product), which was a new one for me. Definitely a polarizing scent that seems to suck people into buying a bottle just to experience it!

Decant into a glass bottle if the scent repulses you @ first. I now wear the VEG regularly and SWMBO loves it!

marty

Got my first bottle in the mail on Thursday along with Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood.
I used the Bay Rum on Friday and was a little put off by the clove smell, but it settled in and ended up being on the plus side of the equation.
I used the Veg today and I'm not sold on it yet. I'm not completely turned off... yet. I'll give it another try or two to see if it grows on me.

So far, my favorite AS I've bought since going to DE shaving has been the Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion. That one, I love.

I hope you are chosen. I was, but my wife was not. Consequently, I wear it only when I won't be around her for the day - i.e. one of us is working late. Still, I enjoy it myself, and since I'm the one smelling it most of the time, I still wear it.

Never knew that it was on Amazon, good to know assuming my present bottle ever runs out. I would like to find an antique glass bottle to decant into, but that hasn't been a high priority recently.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's my most often used shave product.
Great stuff.
Don't sniff it right from the bottle, just splash it on.

Wow...I think this has to be the most polarizing product EVER...lol. It makes the wait even harder! I will be sure to post my impressions about it.

Decant into a glass bottle if the scent repulses you @ first. I now wear the VEG regularly and SWMBO loves it!

How much do the Pinaud products change when moved to glass over the plastic? I'm not a fan of the plastic at all, and have been looking to decant if I can sort out some decent bottles. Most of the products I have are in glass, so was wondering how much of a difference it made.

You're going to love it. I'd wear it every day, if I didn't love other AS just as much.

Last edited:
My bottle arrived today. And I must say, I don't know why there is so much negativity. I smelled it in the bottle, smelled like alcohol, not cat urine. Cat urine reaks of ammonia, this smells more like alcohol...not a bad smell, just a smell. I put some on and it's pretty amazing at how it changes. In nothing flat it goes form smelling like a doctors antiseptic to a very delicate, flowery scent. The fragrance reminds me of a lilac baby bath we would use on my children, but more sophisticated and complex. I'm not picking up on the "earthiness" that some have noted though. It is surprisingly understated, I have to keep smelling my hands to get a good whiff. Overall I really like this. The scent is most pleasant when you can actually smell it. Maybe more is in order since I was a little conservative with the application. I have yet to shave, I'm a night shaver, so I don't know how it performs post shave. From the strength of the alcohol smell when first applying it, I would imagine it's got a hell of a burn...which I don't mind. The scent; however; is wonderful. It looks as if I am one of the people chosen by the Veg! :cornut::cornut::cornut:

I've heard the cat urine comments before. It seems like this comment is always made from the user's perspective. I've wondered, of those of you out there that have gotten the urine vibe, did anyone else that smelled you wearing it comment the same too? I don't know though if anyone let it stay on long enough though if they got that vibe - I know if I did I'd wash it off immediately - but am kind of curious. Or maybe those of you that liked it had others around you commented similar to the bad vibe?

Top Bottom