What's new

My "The Art of Shaving" (sandalwood) shaving cream container rattles when I shake it

My "The Art of Shaving" (sandalwood) shaving cream container makes some rattling sound when I shake it. It's like something is loose in some hollow space in the container. I have checked with a knife. There's nothing actually below the cream itself. I believe the bottom of the container is hollow, and that there is something loose in that hollow space in the bottom of the container.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of a weird sounds coming out of their Art of Shaving cream containers when they are shaked?

I had this happen too. I just finished off the container and decided to find out what was making the noise. Turns out the cream rests in a bowl attached to the tub by a small attachment pillar at the bottom. If you close the lid too tightly you turn the bowl breaking the attachment. The bowl then stays in the tub thanks to simple friction.

Hope this helps!

Oh god not another fake problem. Yes it had a bowl inside of it, but iit contains the amount stated on the packaging. There's some stupid YouTube video trying to say its misrepresenting the product. But obviously it's not.

If you close the lid too tightly you turn the bowl breaking the attachment
I bought some AOS Lavender off the B/S/T a while back and it did not rattle when I received it. However, the previous owner overtighted the cap preparing it for transit, and it took a fair bit of force for me to unscrew the cap. I heard something break at the instant I broke the cap free, but could not find any visible broken parts. It did rattle from that moment on, however. Your explanation clears it up completely for me.

I had this happen too. I just finished off the container and decided to find out what was making the noise. Turns out the cream rests in a bowl attached to the tub by a small attachment pillar at the bottom. If you close the lid too tightly you turn the bowl breaking the attachment. The bowl then stays in the tub thanks to simple friction.

Hope this helps!

Don't lie to the man, we all know it is a tracking microchip placed there by P&G!

Why did I know someone would post this crap. The
maker of this video is retarded. There is NO misrepresentation whatsoever it is a complete fabrication of an issue. The container has a specific amount of product in it, which it clearly states on the container.

I only posted it because it is the only video I know of that clearly shows the inside cup of the jars. I'm sure all of us here agree that it is not a misrepresentation.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information! Yeah, I was under the impression that I turned the lid too tightly and thus possibly broke something. It's very good to know this, because I was getting afraid that someone had planted a drug or something down there, which was making me fearful of taking the container with me on the next trip abroad. Now I have no such fears :)

Can someone else with Art of Shave containers confirm this by closing the lid very tightly?

Top Bottom