What's new

Best source for plastic cases for straight razors?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I am thinking about getting plastic cases for all of my straights. The cases I am talking about are the kind that pull apart into two pieces, that most razors are sold in. I will eventually be getting quite a lot of them, so I am looking for the cheapest source. Where does everyone else get theirs, and what sort of prices is everyone paying? Thanks.

If you're looking for something cheap, I would consider a toothbrush holder from Walmart. I think they are like 50 cents to a dollar each. But if youre looking for actual razor cases then disregard.

I was on the same quest, and although I changed my mind just before ordering a few dozen; I thought these were a bit nicer than the cheapest, pull-apart toothbrush cases: Radius Toothbrush Cases
What I ended up doing instead I'm really happy with, as it allows me to SEE my razors, store them and even display them if wanted: Glass-top 10 "Razor" Display Case
The great thing with these cases is cost, the glass front, they stack, the perfect size of the watch insert ($2+/-, and you must order the insert as a separate item), and I can even lean them almost upright as a display and my razors will stay in their cubby. I think the idea of a couple dozen toothbrush cases in a box or my drawer seemed less than ideal in the long run. Good luck!

I either purchase tootbrush cases at Meir and Walmart for 97 cent each. Kroger had a double pack for $1, but doesn't carry them any more. Also found some at a Dollar Store.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I thought about the toothbrush cases but what I really want is the standard black case that most razors are sold with. Similar to the old leather or cardboard cases. It's not about display. It is about storage, and being able to just grab a half dozen for my go bag. The standard black rectangular case with the end section that pulls off is the ideal solution for me.

I thought about the toothbrush cases but what I really want is the standard black case that most razors are sold with. Similar to the old leather or cardboard cases. It's not about display. It is about storage, and being able to just grab a half dozen for my go bag. The standard black rectangular case with the end section that pulls off is the ideal solution for me.

I think it's a bit pricey, especially if you need a lot, but...
http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/523001/234549.htm

Enjoy!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I believe the Classic Shaving logo is a sticker, so you can probably take it right off.

(Does seem a bit pricey, though.)

I would like to see it about a buck less, but I just placed an initial order with them. I don't see anyone else selling them. Maybe later I will offer a buy order of 50 and see what they will do for a discount. I really can't see those things wholesaling for over two bucks or so.

Top Bottom