What's new

The new horse hair brush is here!

... and smell like a wet horse...:bored:
I tried to wash it, use warm water, lather several different soaps with it, clean it with shampoo, clean it with dish soap: and still smell like wet horse!!!
which should be the next step? alcohol? vinegar?
I'm open to suggestions!!

... and smell like a wet horse...:bored:
I tried to wash it, use warm water, lather several different soaps with it, clean it with shampoo, clean it with dish soap: and still smell like wet horse!!!
which should be the next step? alcohol? vinegar?
I'm open to suggestions!!

4 to 1 Cold Water to White or Apple Cider Vinegar Soak for ~5-10 Minutes, than Rinse with Cold Water. Lather with your most Fragrant Soap, if you have an Arko Stick or Tabac Puck even Better, let it sit in the Lather ~5 minutes, Cold Water Rinse and Repeat once more.

After:
1 vinegar/water cleaning
1 dish soap rinse and
3 tabac lather

the brush still smell like a wet horse...:bored:

Not at awful as the begging; but still ain't something I wanna rub against my face hahahaha
I'll keep lathering, and soaking.

PD: it does make a great lather!!!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The new horse hair brush is here!!!
Landri:
Can you post a pic (I've never seen a horse hair brush), and maybe a Reveiw?

proxy.php
"A good picture is equivalent to a good deed." Vincent Van Gogh

I used my Vie Long horse this morning. The scent will go away. I like the horse when it comes up in the rotation.

I used my Vie Long horse this morning. The scent will go away. I like the horse when it comes up in the rotation.
+1. Got my Vie-L. a couple weeks ago. Don't notice odor while using my hard soaps. When wet with water or dry I can smell the horse when I put my nose in :eek2:. Right now my favorite brush since I face lather exclusively. Do love my Simpson two-band Tulip 1 and Semogue 620, but the horse gives up the lather so easily :~)

after all this lather it up really well and let it sit overnight
before rinsing.
thats what worked for me.

Attachments

• $IMG_2251.jpg
    $IMG_2251.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 79
  • $IMG_2258.jpg
    $IMG_2258.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 79
  • $IMG_2259.jpg
    $IMG_2259.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 81
  • $IMG_2260.JPG
    $IMG_2260.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 82
  • $IMG_2277.JPG
    $IMG_2277.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 80
Months ago when I got my first turk #6 brush I soaked it in AV Musk AS and ended the problem. Now its the favorite brush I own.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Christopher, Here is my Green Rudy Vey & Vie-Long Natural Brown Horse Knot @ 44-45/20 and the 12705 Natural Brown Horse @47/23 and the 13723 Banded Horse @57/23

You might want to check out this thread; http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...e-Long-El-Caballo-Español-(The-Spanish-horse)
mftoms59:
Wow...those are nice looking brushes and thanx for the link...it was a great read. I think I might just be in the market for a new brush (horse-hair of course). :thumbsup:

:straight: “Laughter is the [shaving] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

Top Bottom