What's new

Queen Charlotte Shave Soaps

First I'll start off by saying hello to everyone,

I was wondering has anyone on this forum tried Queen Charlotte Shave Soaps they seem to be a well made product and I have never tried shave soaps of any kind before just the Gilette Gel's and Nivea Shave Cream that worked pretty good and Cremo Shave Cream but I found no matter how the Cremo is applied it tends to dry up pretty fast but is by far the Slipperiest Shaving product I have ever used.

How Slippery is the Queen Charlotte Shave Soap I want something that is going to be fairy Slippery as discomfort is my biggest problem as my Beard is very Tuff and it will dull a Gilette Proglide in 3 Shave's where as my friends that are using the same Razor can get 6 to 8 and some are even getting 12 Shave's out of one Blade.

Feel free to offer any suggestion's you want to but please keep in mind I'm more concerned about the Queen Charlotte Shave Soap.

Last edited:
QCS is a great soap, has tallow, is very slick and easy on the skin. The creams also contain tallow and are very slick.

I was wondering have you ever tried the Old Spice Type they sell is it supposed to smell like Old Spice After Shave or remind you of that Smell,also how long on Average does a Puck of Soap last.

Also is the Lather Thick and Slippery.

QCS is a great soap, has tallow, is very slick and easy on the skin. The creams also contain tallow and are very slick.

Last edited:
I was wondering have you ever tried the Old Spice Type they sell is it supposed to smell like Old Spice After Shave or remind you of that Smell,also how long on Average does a Puck of Soap last.

Also is the Lather Thick and Slippery.

The Old Spice is a recently released Limited Edition Scent and I haven't had the pleasure of trying this scent yet... But, if it's anything like the other QCS Scents it should be just about a dead-ringer for Old Spice. As you know, no matter what the scent may be, the performance of the QCS soap or tub Cream has always been Protective & Slick. If you decide to purchase QCS, I'd recommend a couple of test Palm Lathers, using your sense of touch to assist you in finding the correct Water to Soap/Cream ratio.

As for the scents, if you like a wood type, the Mysore Sandalwood (self explanatory) Cedarwood-Lemongrass is a nice Cedar base with a smelling Natural Lemongrass Top Notes or Celestial Woods (Cedar/Sandalwood with Pine notes); Citrus, Key Lime is very Dry & Natural like an actual lime peel, not sweet, Tangerine same description except it's Tangerine; Good Florals are Lavender or Versailles.

I'm halfway tempted to lie to you and tell you how terrible it is, and that you should go out and pick up some Williams and VDH so you can spend tons more money and time on the forum to work your way up to the truly great, artisan products like QCS.

.....But I won't. It's truly great stuff. Pick a scent and go for it, you won't be disappointed.

From I seen on there Site the Old Spice Type is not listed as a Limited Edition but I could be wrong.

The Old Spice is a recently released Limited Edition Scent and I haven't had the pleasure of trying this scent yet... But, if it's anything like the other QCS Scents it should be just about a dead-ringer for Old Spice. As you know, no matter what the scent may be, the performance of the QCS soap or tub Cream has always been Protective & Slick. If you decide to purchase QCS, I'd recommend a couple of test Palm Lathers, using your sense of touch to assist you in finding the correct Water to Soap/Cream ratio.

As for the scents, if you like a wood type, the Mysore Sandalwood (self explanatory) Cedarwood-Lemongrass is a nice Cedar base with a smelling Natural Lemongrass Top Notes or Celestial Woods (Cedar/Sandalwood with Pine notes); Citrus, Key Lime is very Dry & Natural like an actual lime peel, not sweet, Tangerine same description except it's Tangerine; Good Florals are Lavender or Versailles.

Thanks for all the help guys there is one other thing I forgot to ask and that is I seen a few threads on this Site where guy's were saying the they liked to combine there Shave Soap with Shave Cream what is the benefit to this,I can the Proraso Cream from a place that does mail order and I seen that was one of the more popular ones.

QCS soaps and creams are top shelf and Matt's customer service is great. For me, finding the right water ratio was a little difficult (as mentioned above). But once you hit that sweet spot it hard to beat this product. They sell sample sets in both the soap and cream if you are unsure about what to order. As to your question...mixing soap and cream is done to produce a superlather and combine the best of both. Adding some glycerin to that will produce uberlather. Pop over to You Tube, there are many videos on making uberlather.

Wade-
QCS are my favorite products. I have tried every scent except Briar and Cordovan. I have 2 soaps, Queen Charlotte and Tangerine, and 6 creams: Celestial Woods, Cedarwood Lemongrass, Old Spice, Basilica, Esquire, and Sandalwood- all of which I use in rotation. I frequently add sandalwood cream to a lot of the scents because I really like the scent of sandalwood. QCS soaps and creams are very slick and protective. My favorites, in order, are Esquire, QC, Tangerine, Basilica, and Sandalwood. I will keep those five in rotation as long as they make them.

The Old Spice is POWERFUL. There is no subtlety to the scent and it is spot on Old Spice AS. You will not be disappointed!

Of note, the sample sizes are very generous. You can easily get 8-10 shaves in one sample tub.

I used QCS "cream" this morning (it's as hard as most of my soaps, so to me it's really a soap). Got a wonderful lather and a great shave.

If you are inexperienced with shaving soaps, you may want to try one of their cream-soaps first.

As for how long they last...well, they last a long, long time. Probably 6 months if used everyday, or even longer.

How do I guys find QCS vetiver?

I love it. I've never really had a very refined sense of smell so it's hard for me to pick out every single "note" in a fragrance, I usually get 1-2 basic notes and that's it. I get a dark smokiness over a strong patchouli scent, which isn't a bad thing as I love patchouli! But as I said, my schnoz isn't that refined so others probably sense a wider array of scents.

Top Bottom