What's new

B&B member generousity

I wanted to publicly acknowledge something that a fellow B&B member did, not only for me, but for my father.

Back in the spring when I changed to DE shaving, I became obsessed with trying to find my birth razor. (Z1 1979 SS Flaretip with the black handle.)
I found it shortly after and love it to this day.

Christmas is arriving and I wanted to get my father back to DE shaving, instead of the carts he had been using. He agreed that he would if I happened to get him one at some point.

Recently, a fellow member by the user name "Trenton" posted this PIF for Canadian Military veterans.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Veterans-PIF?p=3594090&highlight=#post3594090

I praised him for such a nice offer and made mention that my father served for 30 + years, but kindly asked not to include me.

A few weeks later I received a PM from "Trenton" in which he kindly asked for my address, as he wanted to send my Dad a razor to get him back into this wonderful club we call DE shaving.

Well, I received that razor (as well as a pack of feather blades) in the post today. It was a Gillette Flare tip of some kind. It came accompanied with a hand written note from "Trenton" who wished me well and hoped my father would enjoy the razor. I of course logged on here immediately and sent him a PM, thanking him for his generosity. I headed back to the den to finish cleaning my father's soon to be Christmas gift. I flipped it over and noticed a few things.

This Gillette was made in the U.K.
There was no alpha numeric code, only a roman numeral stamped under the head.

Baffled, I took it the interwebs to find out more about this lovely razor. It turns out that this was no ordinary razor. This was a 1950 Gillette Super Speed Rocket.
So, why do I mention this? Would you find it odd if I told you my father's family comes from Scotland (in the U.K.)?
Would you also find it odd that my father was born in 1950? The roman numeral, I learned, indicates that this razor was likely made between June - August.
Would you find it odd if I told you my father's birthday was in the month of June?

My jaw dropped. This man, who I never met....who never met my father- just sent me my father's birth razor.

Trenton, on behalf of my father- thank you again ever so much. This is truly a testament to not only the code of being a gentleman, but I think, somehow, the spirit of your generousity just added that much more meaning to the holidays, and the gift of giving. I cannot wait for him to unwrap this, and then share this story with him on Christmas morning. You have, I mean this with all sincerity, just made my Christmas.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

What a wonderful testament to the generosity of our members, and to the founding spirit of B&B. Thanks so much for the post. Made my night. :thumbup1:

That's an amazing story. I finally found my father a Birth Year Razor to give him for Christmas. I'm awaiting it's arrival and hope I have time to clean it up properly.

Trenton, you are truly a good man. Having given so much joy to a man and his father is a wonderful thing. I continue to learn from members of B&B.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Oh my, what a great story of good will, service, and generosity! Thanks B&B!

I'm taken aback whenever someone does something as simple as throwing a soap or aftershave sample into an order off the B/S/T, but this one is for the ages. The amount of thought and time involved in even looking for that razor is extremely generous. That Christmas gift is even more special with such a neat story attached to it.

That is one of the greatest stories I have heard. Not just in shaving but in any realm. The care and attention involved for someone he has never met is awesome.

Great deed and great story. Thanks for sharing.

It is truly a joy when one finds themselves in a unique position of being able to help someone in a unique way that no one else can.

I'm sure that Trenton's heart is as warm for giving it as yours was to receive it.

Top Bottom