What's new

Dr. Selby First Impressions

yeah if you press hard on it will will give way. Like it states on the box, its a 3x concentrated cream. Not a soap. It's really good.

This sounds similar to the consistency of Cella or P. 160 from what others have said. Some have taken to calling such creams/soaps "croaps".

As for 400 shaves -- even if it is $50 US that wouldn't be a half bad deal if that claim is true! If you are comfortable, how much was it (local currency is fine but please specify country of purchase)? Of course you can get 1kg of Cella for about $85 shipped to the US but most soaps don't come in that large of a container.

This sounds similar to the consistency of Cella or P. 160 from what others have said. Some have taken to calling such creams/soaps "croaps".

As for 400 shaves -- even if it is $50 US that wouldn't be a half bad deal if that claim is true! If you are comfortable, how much was it (local currency is fine but please specify country of purchase)? Of course you can get 1kg of Cella for about $85 shipped to the US but most soaps don't come in that large of a container.

I purchased it in the USA. It was around 15usd. This is a bit firmer than p160.

for me it really doesn't matter...I rinse my face after shaving at least a dozen times,and there is zero or an extremely minute scent left,so I can use any aftershave I am in the mood for,there is never a clash of scents..

Yeah, I wasn't worried about clashing scents...just curious. I noticed the scent does not linger. So far I've only tried mine with Lavender AS splashes and Speick...maybe I'll try Dominica Bay Rum next time.

for me it really doesn't matter...I rinse my face after shaving at least a dozen times,and there is zero or an extremely minute scent left,so I can use any aftershave I am in the mood for,there is never a clash of scents..

Yeah, I wasn't worried about clashing scents...just curious. I noticed the scent does not linger. So far I've only tried mine with Lavender AS splashes and Speick...maybe I'll try Dominica Bay Rum next time.

Like Malocchio stated. The scent is light and if you rise your face well you will not be able to detect it. I think Dominica Bay Rum goes very well with this scent.

dominica bay rum ranks #1 with me,it is the purest bay scent I have tried, St. Lucia and the all time best buy ,Superior 70 are next in line...no cloves or spice,just real old fashioned bay leaf aroma...

dominica bay rum ranks #1 with me,it is the purest bay scent I have tried, St. Lucia and the all time best buy ,Superior 70 are next in line...no cloves or spice,just real old fashioned bay leaf aroma...

Im out of Dominica. Used the last bit this morning.

$85?? You can do way better than that. :smile: $37 shipped to US is quite a bit better.

I saw it recently for $42 including shipping from the UK. I think the price has decreased over the past year, I remember seeing it online for about $85 with shipping ($40 or so with $45 shipping) a year or so ago although that was with one seller and I did not do a thorough search at the time. Maybe I will actually pull the trigger on a purchase soon at the lower prices.

Dr. Selby lasts for ever. seems like I bearly put a dent in the bowl. Im using it for my weber razor and blade review. It's performing very well

I purchased it in the USA. It was around 15usd. This is a bit firmer than p160.

I just picked this up and received it last week. I find it harder than Proraso in the tub, Valobra, and Cella. It's the hardest cream I have. To me it is almost a soap in hardness. Great stuff though, so who cares soap, cream, or croap, this stuff rocks, and it will probably last a long time. I also think it loads and lathers more like a soap.

Top Bottom