What's new

Good Gosh! Strop Incident.

Looking forward to a nice evening shave, stropping away in my own little world when … in my Zen state I totally lost focus and bam! I cut through half my strop! It was just that quick! Took me totally by surprise, and I still haven’t the slightest idea how I did it!

Going to shave all the same but, you better believe I am not going to let myself go to my Zen place. Focus, focus, focus!

This totally bites. This ever happen to you guys (someone please say yes so I don't feel like any more of a tool)? Sorry about the poor photo (it really is father accross than it seems in the photo) – just another thing going wrong, I got one shot in before the battery died and of course, you guessed it, I can’t find the proprietary charger for it!

Attachments

• $strop.jpg
    $strop.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 145

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
There was someone a while back who cut their Tony Miller in half like yours. Which is like totaling a Benz...

Btw..

1-get ready for some "I told you so's" :)
2-whippeddog sells some nice bridle leather you could replace your cut one with for cheap.

Last edited:
I cut my Ambrose HH in half not to long ago. SWMBO was talking to me while I was stropping and I lost focus for just a sec and... Luckily, I still have all my fingers.
It wasn't he first time I've done that either...

Well I finished shaving but just to make things worse as i was my two and a half year old daughter who should have been asleep long ago, had to come see daddy as he was shaving. I told my wife not to worry about it (as she tryed to get her back to bed), and that I would bring her back to bed shortly after I was done shaving but she (my wife) had to see what I had just done …the rest of my shave the daughter kept yanking on the strop saying, “it bowkin daddy, it bowken!” Ah the joy lol. Somehow though, it made it funny.

All said and done it’s just a piece of leather. The straight has to be honed now though, which is ok as I was just about to buy a hone here anyway; time to learn that art too.

I say this though as an observation. It was amazing how that razor with ever so slight a resistance and only the pressure one uses stropping, sliced through that piece of leather! It’s truly stunning how sharp these things are (even when dull).

Thanks for all the support gents! Moving on lol ...

You can try gluing it with super glue then let it dry and sand the area smooth with 240 then 400 grit sandpaper and it should hold until you get a replacement. I think your edge may need a touchup though.:lol:

That strop looks like the Walkin' Horse 3" English Bridle.

In any case, things happen. It seems like you were using too much pressure though, as if you were stropping a *cough*. I'd buy another one and charge it to the game.

Last edited:

In any case, things happen. It seems like you were using too much pressure though, as if you were stropping a *cough*. I'd buy other one and charge it to the game.
Since your charging them to game buy two and send me one please. :lol:

In any case, things happen. It seems like you were using too much pressure though, as if you were stropping a *cough*. I'd buy other one and charge it to the game.
Good eye TZee - it's a ... uh, was a Walkin' Horse 2". What's "charging it to the game" mean?

Top Bottom