What's new

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Does this stuff contain enriched plutonium? One spray on the chest and one spray on the back almost eight hours ago, and it's still going very strong. It's definitely morphed away from the tobacco and toward the vanilla, however.

Yeah this stuff is DEFINITELY EdP strength; 1 spray should be the max for the day. This was one fragrance that my nose never slept on. You know how you sometimes catch a whiff of a fragrance you put on hours earlier and it's extremely pleasant? This was the opposite for me. You smell it on yourself all day (my nose never got "used to" this smell), except for those rare, pleasant whiffs without it. It definitely smells like vanilla pipe tobacco, though; so it is what it says it is. I just couldn't stand hours of smelling like that personally. And I do smoke; the sweetness of this fragrance was what overwhelmed me.

I had two different decants of this. One I gave away to another curious member. Found the other and tried it again. Not as bad as the first time. Nothing I think I'd buy a full bottle of, though.

I quite like TV. I never thought I would try it in my lifetime but I made a stop at Holt Renferw one day and it happened to be there, along with other scents I wanted to try like various Creeds and Encre Noir. I like TV. A lot. But I kinda wish there was a bit more tobacco and a bit less vanilla, but I can't see it working as well that way. All in all I am a fan. I can't imagine wearing it too often, though, and I think it costs too much for myself for irregular use.

TV is one of the few fragrances I've received negative comments on. One of my office ladies told me I smelled like smokers spray (whatever that is). The best tobacco scent I've tried is Xerjoff Oroville. The chamomile in it made all the difference. Now if it only wasn't so expensive.

TV is one of the few fragrances I've received negative comments on. One of my office ladies told me I smelled like smokers spray (whatever that is). The best tobacco scent I've tried is Xerjoff Oroville. The chamomile in it made all the difference. Now if it only wasn't so expensive.

Unfortunately I haven't tried TV or Oroville, but Kilian Back to Black combines honey and chamomile to create a pipe tobacco accord. I wore it tonight and really like this one. If you're looking for chamomile this might be worth a try.

After reading this thread I figured I should revisit TV. Not as sweet as I remember it...I actually quite enjoy it. Of course this means that I now should likely try the Oroville, St. Charles, and Odori mentioned in this thread...

TV is definitely some strong stuff, but layered with Champaca Absolute softens it some. The wife loves it when I layer these two.

I for sure enjoy the smell of pipe tobacco. I'd be curious to try this stuff.

I enjoy this fragrance, but still bulk at the price. If I am looking for my TV fix, I will go to a Nordstrom and ask for a sample.
You should too, if there is one nearby. And it is free.

Man mostly everyone says they don't like it. I LOVE TOBACCO VANILLE! It's a killer scent in the fall and winter time. In fact I wish there was a shave soap and aftershave that was tobacco vanille scented. I'm 25 and literally when I wear this in the winter and walk around I get tons of compliments. I live in Vegas so I'm usually roaming the strip from time to time. The weirdest but most memorable comment I've gotten is some girl saying I smell like a rich artist followed by you smell really good. All I have is a 50 ml bottle. I definitely will buy anyone trying to get rid of theirs at a decent price.

Top Bottom