What's new

Martin De Candre - where to buy?

Not planning on ordering any of this until 2012, so I am in rush for replies! but I have tried looking at the website which has a lot of links "e-shop" etc. that dont seem to go anywhere and are just dead ends. Unlikely but does anyone know of any bricks & mortar stores in London that stock this?

Also to clarify there is 1 soft soap, sold either scented or unscented, correct?

The only brick and mortar stores I am aware of that carry it are in Paris.

There is another variation to the hard soap that looks a bit more "creamy" for lack of a better word. You can see it on their website, but the version that gets all the love around these parts is the standard glass jar version. It does come in scented or unscented. Supposedly the unscented is still a tad "woodsy." Personally, I would get the scented, it's sublime :001_wub:

I need to go back to Paris and pick up some MdC. I was jobless when I was last there, had the soap in my hands while standing in Planete Rasoir and didn't buy it. Stupid, stupid, stupid! PR is an incredible shop, focusing mainly on high-end products (straight razors, brushes, etc.), and the gentleman I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

I suppose that just gives me another reason to spend a weekend in Paris sometime.

-Andy

$23.69 just for shipping one jar of soap! Not unless Mrs. Sarkozy is delivering it personally!

If MdC were US made, I would have to pay just about the same in shipping to get it to Norway, you US guys are spoiled rotten with shipping... :smile:

I need to go back to Paris and pick up some MdC. I was jobless when I was last there, had the soap in my hands while standing in Planete Rasoir and didn't buy it. Stupid, stupid, stupid! PR is an incredible shop, focusing mainly on high-end products (straight razors, brushes, etc.), and the gentleman I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

I suppose that just gives me another reason to spend a weekend in Paris sometime.

-Andy

Yes, the guy in PR was really helpful, and despite professing not to speak English, it was considerably better than my French.

The 50g soap including delivery is E28.50. Not too bad.
The one in the wooden bowl looks wonderful, but with no lid doesnt it dry out?

thanks for the links guys!

Last edited:
The shipping was $7.95 USD. It will tell you the shipping when you add it to the cart.

The entire cost, 170g soap and shipping is $53.00 USD.

No, changing the currency to U.S. dollars does not trigger the software to reflect U.S. delivery charges. The $7.95 shipping quote is the default - for delivery within France. Once you enter your actual delivery address, the shipping will reflect actual shipping. For U.S. deliveries, as noted above, you will not have to pay the VAT, which will be backed out of the item's cost when you check out, so your delivered cost of one 170g jar to a stateside address comes out to about $64 or so, depending on the current exchange rate. (FWIW, I recommend conducting the transaction in euros - the website doesn't update exchange rates in realtime, so you end up paying a little less.)

I consider it a bargain, and if I ever get to the bottom of my current jar, I will be ordering more.

Last edited:
I recently ordered from the MdC website and forked over the $20-25 shipping fee. I'm very pleased with my purchase, and in retrospect feel that I got what I paid for when it comes to shipping fees. First, I ordered two items, one a wood bowl with soap, the other a ltd edition glass set with soap. I placed the order on a Saturday night. Monday morning I had several emails in my box from MdC verifying the purchase, shipment, etc. The package arrived in Austin, TX THAT FRIDAY. Less than a week in transit! And it was packed with the utmost care. Shipping this sort of package just within the US would have cost $10-$15 easily. Coming all the way from France, I say the shipping fee was worth it.

And the soap is fantastic.

Top Bottom